Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Saving captures (Read 2,283 times)
Amechs
Freshman Member

Saving captures
Mar 14th, 2008 at 8:20am

Hello,
I am probably asking what has already been asked,but I couldn't find an answer.

I am using the Automotive 4 channel kit with Picoscope 6.

When I take a capture ,how can I save all screens in the buffer,instead of just the one on the screen?

I also notice when saving captures with the latest Picoscope that the files are sometimes several MB on the disc.

This doesn't always happen but I cannot see what I am doing different,has anyone else had this problem.

It's not the amount of memory that bothers me,it's trying to attach such a big file to a post on this forum that gets me.

Thanks,
Paul Galvin.

Amechs

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Saving captures
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 9:40am

Hi Paul,

These issues and much, much more are covered in our Picogroup areas.  You are welcome to subscribe.

Briefly:

Quote:
When I take a capture ,how can I save all screens in the buffer,instead of just the one on the screen?

You will find the answer to this in the File menu.

Quote:
I also notice when saving captures with the latest Picoscope that the files are sometimes several MB on the disc.

Yes, they often are.  That is because PicoScope can collect enormous amounts of data.  The size of your file is dependent on how high you have the samples turned up, how many channels you are running, and what collection mode the scope is using.

Not long ago we increased the maximum file size for upload here to 8Mb.  This covers just about any single screen capture data file.

Collecting large amounts of data is what Pico does well.  It's not a problem.   Wink

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Amechs
Freshman Member

Re: Saving captures
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 5:43am

Hello Tom,
Thanks for your reply.

I can't believe I didn't see how to save waveforms before.

Wishing you all a happy St. Patrick's weekend.
Many thanks,
Paul Galvin.

Amechs

IP Logged