Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Howdy (Read 1,163 times)
Intermittent
Freshman Member
Picogroup

I'm a Dieselnerd

Spring, TX, Texas, USA
Spring, TX
Texas
USA

Howdy
Sep 9th, 2022 at 8:07pm

Howdy,
Howdy from Texas. I am a mechanic at a major Freightliner in Texas and work and specialize on engines and electrical diag. I work on 90% Cummins, CNG, and have done some DD stuff. I got a 2204a picoscope at the beginning of last month. I was intruiged by the serial decoder and recently decoded my first CAN frame off an ISX15 CM2350 J1939. Really great on seeing how modules communicate on the CAN and learning PGN vs SPN. With that I had to learn how to convert hexidecimal to decimal with the J19139 resolution scale and offset. I first went did some injectors on an ISB6.7l CM2350 with the 2204a with 20:1 attenuators. I can't wait to get my hands on a 4425a. I hope to learn from this forum and will look at this as a privilege to be able to communicate with like minded individuals. I hope I will be of some use on this forum.

IP Logged

TrevorSchlientz
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Grand Rapids
Michigan
USA

Re: Howdy
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2022 at 6:29am

Hello there, and welcome to the forums.

Congratulations on starting your Picoscope journey. It sounds like you're diving right in.

If you feel like putting up your captures and starting discussions on your findings, feel free to do so. I am sure some of the other HD/Diesel techs would enjoy it.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

RtOne
Super Nerd
Picogroup

"If We Can't Fix It" -
"It Ain't Broke"

Westville, Illinois, Illinois, USA
Westville, Illinois
Illinois
USA

Re: Howdy
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 1:02pm

Man you hit the ground on the run!  That is really great.  Welcome to the group.

Adult Day Care By Lew Winegardner
WWW WWW roar1@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged