Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Opening files (Read 12,265 times)
chip
Picogroup

Homer, Georgia, USA
Homer
Georgia
USA

Opening files
Dec 14th, 2011 at 8:13pm

Hey Tom. I'm having trouble opening the files attached to certain posts. The files are labeled .psdata. Thanks for your help.

chip  
IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Re: Opening files
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:49pm

Also, might you please tell me how to use the YaBB tag above for 'insert image'?  I am not able to insert anything from My Pictures,etc.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 8:21am

Chip,

To open the .psdata files you need to install PicoScope.  PicoScope automotive is free and available from the Pico web site here:

http://www.picoauto.com/software.html

The current 6.6.15 release is broken though.  Until they put up a new version I would use this one:

PicoScope6Automotive_r6_6_13.exe
https://autonerdz.egnyte.com/h-s/20111215/24dfaa6931454a57

This link is a direct download from our drop site.  This release is a pretty good one and not currently available on the Pico site.  I want you to have the latest functional software so you have a good experience and can open the files created with the recent builds.  This link is valid for one week.

Once you have installed it, then you can download the psdata files to your PC and then use the file open within PicoScope to browse to the file and open it.  You will then be able to manipulate it and examine it just as if it was your capture.  It's a great way to have a PicoScope experience without the scope part.   Wink

Fisher,

That insert image button is to insert images from another server.   We would really rather you attach the images to the post so that they get uploaded to our server and so preserve the integrity of the forums.

Content linked to other servers always vanishes at some point.  Content uploaded here is preserved.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

chip
Picogroup

Homer, Georgia, USA
Homer
Georgia
USA

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 3:47pm

Hey Tom. Thanks for your help. I have another question for you. How does the dropsite work if I want to view ref. waveforms? Do i have to download all of them to my hd or can i pick which ones i need?

chip  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:17pm

Chip,

The drop site reference waveform package is a zip file of hundreds of cam and crank relationship known good examples.

Once you download the package, extract it to a folder on your PC.  Then you can import the ones you need into the PicoScope reference waveform library as needed.  Obviously, there are way to many to import them all. Just use the ones you want and then delete them from PicoScope when you are done with them.  They will still be on your hard drive if you need them again.

If you have trouble with any of this after viewing the tutorials, please post for help in the Picogroup section where we csn help you better.

BTW, new functional release of PicoScope came out today.  Details in the Picogroup section.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

chip
Picogroup

Homer, Georgia, USA
Homer
Georgia
USA

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:23pm

Thanks again. Im sure you'll hear from me again soon!!

chip  
IP Logged