Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Master technician wanted Portland OR (Read 3,430 times)
PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

"Fix like a champion today"

Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Master technician wanted Portland OR
Nov 12th, 2011 at 2:03pm

Hey all, the shop I currently work for will be actively searching for a technician to fill a position at the beginning of the new year.  My coworker, who is ASE master certified will be going out on leave due to shoulder surgery at that time.  Looking for someone with probably at least 10 years experience, ASE Master certified at minimum, clean cut, organized, and keeps a tidy workspace.  Posting this here first before opening it up to the general public around Portland OR.  Let me know if anyone is interested.  Fair warning, I may be very particular in this search as there is a very high possibility that I will be hiring my replacement in the long term.  Do not let this discourage anyone from contacting me though, as I am very easy to talk to and get along with.

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Adam Sowa
Picogroup

Re: Master technician wanted Portland OR
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:05am

I would like to; but do not have the funds for a move.

Hiring your replacement: May I ask as to why?

IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

"Fix like a champion today"

Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:29am

Adam Sowa wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:05am:
May I ask as to why?

You may Adam.  So here is the deal, as of the beginning of January, my coworker will be out on leave due to surgery on his shoulder, so we will need someone to fill his position.  He is very experienced and a great guy to work with, but he is not the greatest at diagnostic work, which is okay because I do all of it Monday through Friday.  He is more than competent in every other aspect of bumper to bumper repair.  He could show up a little earlier, be a little bit tidier, and work a bit more efficiently / productively, but all in all not too bad.  So we need someone to fill this position.  If someone were to be hired to fill his position they would NOT be let go once he is able to return to full time work.  This search is not for a temporary individual, so if you are looking for a permanent position this would be it, no worries about being let go after his recovery.  On the other hand, if someone were looking for a temporary job, we may be able to make that work aswell, BUT, I take my work very seriously, so hiring someone for a temporary basis makes me nervous due to the worry that they may not care about the quality of work they put out.
At the same time, It's not out of the question to hire somebody to take over my position due to the fact that I will be moving to the other side of the country in the first couple months of 2013 (if there is a 2013, there won't be according to the Mayan's).
So basically, I need to find someone to fill HIS position no matter what, but if in my search for a technician at this point in time, I come across and application from someone who is at least at my level or above, we most likely will just hire my replacement and we can work along side each other for a year while they transition in to taking over my spot.  Which basically means that I would have to probably give half of the diag work to the new guy, which is okay with me, if they know what they are doing.
A bit long winded and all over the place, I apologize, if you or anyone else has any further questions don't hesitate to ask.  I'll try to be more concise in the future.

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Adam Sowa
Picogroup

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 4:26pm

Adam Sowa wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:05am:
I would like to; but do not have the funds for a move.

That above statement is changing; as I am having no luck in the my area finding a decent place to work for.

IP Logged