Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Sexy Girls and Ice Cold Beer CLICK HERE. (Read 2,823 times)
SkidPlate
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Heavy Equipment Technician
Journeyman

Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
Canada

Sexy Girls and Ice Cold Beer CLICK HERE.
Oct 9th, 2010 at 10:52pm

Hello everyone My name is Scot I am from northern Alberta. I have been a mechanic for almost 13 years and I am currently in the fourth year of apprenticeship for Heavy Equipment Technician working towards my journeyman certification.

I am here to learn about scopes and how to use them.  I saw my first scope in school last year and didn't think much of it mostly because it wasn't stressed how important of a diagnostic tool it really is and the demonstration lasted about five minutes in total.

i recently was watching some diagnostic videos on you tube and saw a scope being used and was blown away and now here I am frothing at the mouth to get a hold of and learn the ways of the scope.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2010 at 4:00pm by SkidPlate »  

Scot

IP Logged

crackerclicker
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 834 ft

Watertown, Wisconsin, USA
Watertown
Wisconsin
USA

Re: Sexy Girls and Ice Cold Beer CLICK HERE.
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 11:03pm

you're in the right place, scot!!  spend some time in the general tech discussion, and foam at the mouth at your leisure  Grin.  do a search for mick or rich barton for some fun and educational case studies.
and if you decide to pick up a pico, get it from tom so you can go crazy in the picogroup area  Wink

crackerclicker  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 8:12am

Welcome Scot.  When you are ready for your PicoScope, we have an affiliate in Alberta to serve you.  Just give Todd a call:

http://www.autonerdz.com/techwest.htm

Purchasing from an Autonerdz affiliate has all the same benefits as getting one directly from Autonerdz  Wink

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

SkidPlate
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Heavy Equipment Technician
Journeyman

Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
Canada

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 4:50pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. Unfortunately I can't afford the pico scope at this time but I would like to get an inexpensive hand held to get me up and running.

Scot

IP Logged