Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

viewing pico group (Read 8,897 times)
tommyb72
Freshman Member

viewing pico group
Mar 21st, 2009 at 3:25pm

i registered with forum yesterday and still cant view the pico group part of forum. can anyone explain!!

IP Logged

Mick
LSD Guide

I learn every day

Toronto 400ft, Ontario, Canada
Toronto 400ft
Ontario
Canada

Re: viewing pico group
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 7:01pm

tommyb72 wrote on Mar 21st, 2009 at 3:25pm:
i registered with forum yesterday and still cant view the pico group part of forum. can anyone explain!!

Hi Tommy

The Pico area is provided for people who purchase a Pico automotive kit through Tom or his affiliates. Anyone that purchases from outside of autonerdz can purchase a yearly subscription, to do this contact Tom.
Welcome to the forums.
Mick

Mick
mick_3342 mikejonesautoengineering  
IP Logged

tommyb72
Freshman Member

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 2:43am

purchased my scope from pico tech web site .
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2009 at 3:59am by tommyb72 »  

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 8:21am

Tommy,

Glad you could join us.   Wink

We do have special pricing on our PicoScope support and training package subscription for those overseas.  Contact me directly for details, if you are interested.

Access to the Picogroup areas of the forums is only one part of the whole package.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

john racic
Guru Member
Picogroup

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 8:40am

Tom

This is how Tom makes his living, it is what he does to feed his family.  In our opinion he does it extremely well, it is a fantastic bargain and he and Brian provide support that I personally have never seen before in 35 years in this business.  It is incredible to see a vendor so devoted to his product and customers.  He (and Brian) are the one in a billion that are making us move up to the next level of diagnostic skills.

The extras in Tom's package are detailed here:
http://www.autonerdz.com/picokit.htm#_Plus_you_get

Two possible solutions come to mind.  I do understand there are rules on foreign purchases, and do not understand them.  But can you return your scope and purchase from Tom instead?  That would give you all the benefits of Tom's Autonerdz group.  And at least for those of us here in the US the price was exactly the same, to the nearest dollar, as the prices listed on the pico site.

Or you could purchase the support option, I would certainly pay $650 a year for the support and training I have received, especially for the first year when there are so many questions.

We have paid for training many, many times, often $100-$200 for one or two nights of training from other vendors and companies.  Some sessions have been worth the money, some have not!  But to us none of our training over the decades has been as valuable as what we have received right here from Autonerdz.

Good luck

John

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 3:31pm

Thank you for the kind words, John.  I also am very appreciative of your pioneering efforts with the new 3423 scope.  The current release of the software is much better than it would have been if you had not been our guinea pig  Wink

You have already reached a level of expertise with that scope that is far beyond the level of the top 'experts' representing the other guys....

I know this because I have seen the captures they have done.  I think you could give them some lessons    Roll Eyes

Your Northstar capture that is on the drop site was a main attraction at our ATE booth.  Simply awesome.

I am glad you are in our Picogroup.   Smiley

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

john racic
Guru Member
Picogroup

Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 5:46pm

Tom

Thank you for your kind words, but there is "more to the story"

For those who don't know, i do not work alone on this.  I have a flat rate partner, Mike Lappert, who also owns a pico from autonerdz (friends do NOT let friends buy scopes anywhere else!).  He is, of course, also a member of the picogroup.  

We learn so much more that way, and all the patterns we have saved, posted, and experimented with are a joint effort.  I do not think that any one person could, in general, do as well as two people working together can.  We learn so much more bouncing ideas and thinking of things than I possibly could by myself.

This was especially true as we entered the uncharted waters of the 4423.  Some things that made no sense to me were crystal clear to him.

Therefore all i can honestly take credit for is being the member of the group that never, ever shuts up!

John

IP Logged