Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Howzit from Newbie in South Africa (Read 2,850 times)
Nic
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Howzit from Newbie in South Africa
Sep 2nd, 2007 at 12:42pm

Howzit Nerdz
I'm totally humbled and in awe of what I've seen on this site!!! Feel like a little fish in a big sea.
I'm a workshop owner/tech from the southern tip of Africa, and always thought I was pretty up to date, but since joining Nerdz and iATN recently I've realised I've got a LONG way to go before I can hold my own amongst you guys. Very intimidating for someone more at home with a spanner than a keyboard!
Briefly: I'm an Auto-electrician by trade, though the workshop tackles general mechanical repairs/servicing, HVAC repairs and service as well as diagnosis/repair of EFI/electronic gremlins. In short, we get the "problem-children".
Patients: mostly locally built European/Asian models and the occasional import.
Tools of choice: Pico and a bloody big hammer
By the way there is no legislated emission control in SA, so a lot of what you guys face is pretty foreign to me!
So fellow techs/nerdz please bear with me, I intend on asking plenty of stupid questions; but like my Old Man says: the baby that cries gets the bottle, and one must learn to crawl before trying to walk.
So long for now and enjoy what remains of the weekend
Nic

IP Logged

Rich Barton
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Pico_Power

Iowa, Iowa, USA
Iowa
Iowa
USA

Re: Howzit from Newbie in South Africa
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2007 at 3:42pm

Hi Nic:

Welcome aboard, we all have fun and learn together here Smiley

no question is a dumb one on this site, I have said more dumb things here than anyone but this is how we learn Smiley

If you never ask you never learn,put some post up if you like, there is some very smart guys here to help  Smiley

Have a good night Smiley

Rich Barton
C.R.B. Diagnostic's

IP Logged

Qwix0r

crap, what did I do now?

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Baltimore
Maryland
USA

Re: Howzit from Newbie in South Africa
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2007 at 5:05pm

Just a welcome aboard to you:) Im new here myself, so I understand the "awe" thing Smiley

Qwix

IP Logged