Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

PicoDiagnostics...anyone?! (Read 4,113 times)
sammys79
Freshman Member
Picogroup

CHAMPAIGN, Illinois, USA
CHAMPAIGN
Illinois
USA

PicoDiagnostics...anyone?!
Sep 24th, 2014 at 8:23pm

Been away from the board and group for a while but have not forgotten it! Please disregard if my question is redundant and has already been discussed.

In a recent PicoScope download (6.9.14.16) I noticed I have gained a "PicoDiagnostics" icon which when opened, it gives a screen for checking Cylinder Balance, Battery Test, and Compression Test. I am wondering if any member has put this feature to use and what is their take on it.

Due to nature of my work, my main interest is the "Battery Test" feature, but again, I don't mind to play around with it. I am curious if anyone has used it.

Cheers,

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Bevatron
Picogroup

LSD moments to learn a
lifetime to master

Maryland, Maryland, USA
Maryland
Maryland
USA

Re: PicoDiagnostics...anyone?!
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 8:50pm

We have had Pico diagnostic for as long as I remember. It's an ok thing to play with but does not all ways work. I have found the battery test valid most of the time. It has been suggested to always backup its findings with other test. I think it's still a work in progress. You will find more information hear.

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=picodiag

Hans

IP Logged

jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado, Colorado, USA
Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:17am

My experience with PD is mainly with the relative compression and cylinder balance.  Both can useful for direction neither is a stand alone and should be verified with additional testing.

The early version was a separate install.  The newer version is included with the auto software.  If you wanted to check out the older version there is copy available on the drop site for Pico group members.

The advantage of the early version is displaying what is on ch B after performing the test and opening it up.  I also believe there is a tutorial movie showing this in action.

I have used both the older and newer versions and both can be useful.

Sam

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 8:55am

jarvissamuel wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:17am:
If you wanted to check out the older version there is copy available on the drop site for Pico group members.

We took that down as it seemed to not play well anymore with a current builds.  Since you have to install the new PD when you install PicoScope, we decided it was best just to take the old one down.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged