Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Auto Computer Troubleshooting Information (Read 46,350 times)
RtOne
Super Nerd
Picogroup

"If We Can't Fix It" -
"It Ain't Broke"

Westville, Illinois, Illinois, USA
Westville, Illinois
Illinois
USA

Auto Computer Troubleshooting Information
Jun 30th, 2012 at 3:22pm

Through the Miracles of the Modern Technology employed here, it came to be known to me that Mr. Paul Danner has authored a book. In past viewings of his YouTube work I felt compelled to look for it. Naturally taking the easy path first.  With a significant National holiday following the weekend and no one at home to ask, I was forced to again do my own work (DURN IT). I was successful  Cool in locating a link to Mr. Danner's Literary work, for any interested, it can be found at.

http://autocomputerstroubleshooting.com/

From what I've read so far it is a very informative work, possibly not geared to the seasoned modern Diagnostician, but for me and my helper, it will serve us well in that it fully explains things that many have known from schooling like that of Lincoln Tech or UTI and now take for granted that we all already know. I can already fully endorse acquiring this work for any person new to the electronic aspect of our chosen craft. Given the thoroughness of his work, I think just about any level of Tech. will find something of value between the covers of this E-Book. Wink

Lew Winegardner
RtOne
Route One Auto Repair
Westville, Illinois

Adult Day Care By Lew Winegardner
WWW WWW roar1@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

mikeynorman
Freshman Member

Re: Auto Computer Troubleshooting Information
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 3:50pm

If this were a facebook post I would:    LIKE.  Excellent book.  I cant wait till Tom put one together on LSD; as his knowledge is vast as well.

IP Logged

crackerclicker
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 834 ft

Watertown, Wisconsin, USA
Watertown
Wisconsin
USA

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:40pm

i believe this is tom's version  Wink.

http://www.autonerdz.com/n1.htm

crackerclicker  
IP Logged

RtOne
Super Nerd
Picogroup

"If We Can't Fix It" -
"It Ain't Broke"

Westville, Illinois, Illinois, USA
Westville, Illinois
Illinois
USA

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:42pm

crackerclicker wrote on Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:40pm:
i believe this is tom's version  Wink.

http://www.autonerdz.com/n1.htm

I think you would be correct.

Adult Day Care By Lew Winegardner
WWW WWW roar1@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

mikeynorman
Freshman Member

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:49pm

Ok.  I have that.  After replacing my computer over the years I no longer have the passwords to use the cds.  Does the usb require passwords and do I have to purchase all of the CDs all over again?  I enjoyed watching them on my old computer.  Thanks

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 5:02pm

mikeynorman wrote on Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:49pm:
do I have to purchase all of the CDs all over again?

Not at all.  Just email me with the codes from your new PC.  The USB version requires the same keys.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

mikeynorman
Freshman Member

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 6:09pm

Thank You so much Tom.  Will do.  Cant wait to watch them all over again.  A little over 5 years ago you introduced me to Pico and God blessed me with one.  I thank God for you because you never pressured me to purchase one; but you gave me good information regarding most scopes on the market.  I pray one day I will have honour of meeting you in person.  Mikey Norman

IP Logged

ScannerDanner
Freshman Member

South Park, Pennsylvania, USA
South Park
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 6:43pm

RtOne wrote on Jun 30th, 2012 at 3:22pm:
Through the Miracles of the Modern Technology employed here, it came to be known to me that Mr. Paul Danner has authored a book. In past viewings of his YouTube work I felt compelled to look for it. Naturally taking the easy path first.  With a significant National holiday following the weekend and no one at home to ask, I was forced to again do my own work (DURN IT). I was successful  Cool in locating a link to Mr. Danner's Literary work, for any interested, it can be found at.

http://autocomputerstroubleshooting.com/

From what I've read so far it is a very informative work, possibly not geared to the seasoned modern Diagnostician, but for me and my helper, it will serve us well in that it fully explains things that many have known from schooling like that of Lincoln Tech or UTI and now take for granted that we all already know. I can already fully endorse acquiring this work for any person new to the electronic aspect of our chosen craft. Given the thoroughness of his work, I think just about any level of Tech. will find something of value between the covers of this E-Book. Wink

Lew Winegardner
RtOne
Route One Auto Repair
Westville, Illinois

Thank for the link and your kinds words. I think it was you that asked me to put up my website link in another thread and I was hesitant to do that as I truly didn't join to market my ebook.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

"Fix like a champion today"

Jensen Beach, Florida, USA
Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:23pm

We know you're not that type of guy PSD, and if it was found out that you were, well, good luck selling any books ever again.  Just messing with ya.  There was something in your video with ETCG in regards to the misfiring 2.2L GM engine that has been bugging me.  There was a part when you guys were discussing the effects of a vacuum leak on one cylinder possibly causing the misfire, and you ruled it out essentially with the 5 gas, if I remember correctly.  There was something that he said that should have been clarified in my opinion.  I'll let you watch that part again and see if you catch it  Wink.  I'm not trying to get on you or anything by any means, just thought it could have been worded differently for the newbies.

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

drakeauto
Freshman Member

Reston, Virginia, USA
Reston
Virginia
USA

Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:34pm

As for the Danner book I just got access to the online copy. The only ones to get a paper copy are the people enrolled in the automotive school he teaches at. The book is great as it focuses on repairing general problems. I noticed he uses many tools ie scanner and not just the pico scope. I was hoping there was more info on scope use in his training but he is very focused on fixing the problem with the most efficient tool and not just the scope. I love my new pico scope and wish it was the only tool I ever had to use. I often try to make things more complicated by pulling out the scope when I could just use the scanner. After all work is supposed to be fun (right).

IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:40pm

drakeauto wrote on Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:34pm:
I often try to make things more complicated by pulling out the scope when I could just use the scanner. After all work is supposed to be fun (right).

But you are probably learning something in the process, so the next time you will be quicker and more effective with the scope.  It is true that many times the scope will not be the fastest tool to utilize, but if you allow it to collect dust, you'll just be behind the curve.  Like you said, it is supposed to be fun too!

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

ScannerDanner
Freshman Member

South Park
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 8:29pm

PRESTON wrote on Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:23pm:
  We know you're not that type of guy PSD, and if it was found out that you were, well, good luck selling any books ever again.  Just messing with ya.  There was something in your video with ETCG in regards to the misfiring 2.2L GM engine that has been bugging me.  There was a part when you guys were discussing the effects of a vacuum leak on one cylinder possibly causing the misfire, and you ruled it out essentially with the 5 gas, if I remember correctly.  There was something that he said that should have been clarified in my opinion.  I'll let you watch that part again and see if you catch it  Wink.  I'm not trying to get on you or anything by any means, just thought it could have been worded differently for the newbies.

Without watching it (I will again to be sure) the reason I ruled out a vacuum leak on one cylinder is this would cause a lean misfire and very high HC readings out of the tailpipe. So with our HC reading being normal (low), I ruled it out completely.
Oh and no worries about questioning anything I am doing or showing. I need this kind of feedback. I am certainly not perfect and make a ton of mistakes.
Paul

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

PRESTON
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Jensen Beach
Florida
USA

Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 8:33pm

No, I agree completely with why the vacuum leak would have given different readings.  Ill pm ya later to specify, watching "cars" with my daughter at the moment  Smiley

Rogue Nerd in South FL
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

ScannerDanner
Freshman Member

South Park
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 8:37pm

Sounds good bro. You need to do that. Heck I need to do that too. I have four of them (3 boys and 1 girl) and they need daddy not staring at the computer all night.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

crackerclicker
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 834 ft

Watertown, Wisconsin, USA
Watertown
Wisconsin
USA

Reply #14 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 11:36pm

ScannerDanner wrote on Jun 30th, 2012 at 6:43pm:
I was hesitant to do that as I truly didn't join to market my ebook.

it is very reassuring to read that, but we know quality when we see it  Wink.  i look forward to your contributions and opinions in the future!  my only regret is that we don't see you in the picogroup  Sad.  should you feel the need to get yourself another pico, be sure to pick it up from tom so you can have the life time membership  Cheesy.

crackerclicker  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2