Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

topic notifications (Read 3,446 times)
NathanBirch
Guru Member
Picogroup

Deceased

West Chicago, Illinois, USA
West Chicago
Illinois
USA

topic notifications
Jan 13th, 2011 at 2:51pm

Hello all,
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but for me at least I am not getting notified of reply's untill hours later sometimes a day or two after the fact if at all.  Seems to have started a little while after the member ranks/stars were corrected.  Sometimes the notifications of replys to topics come after someone replys to a PM, sometimes when I login to the site they show up.  Any ideas to why this is happening?  I have checked to make sure that it is not a problem with it getting sent to my blackberry, they just are not showing up in my email account.
Thanks!
Nathan.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: topic notifications
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 3:50pm

Nathan,

Nothing has changed on our end with notifications.  You do have to enable them in your profile as well as on the boards or posts.  I assume you have done all that if it was working before.

As fas as I know the system is sending them out immediately.  I get mine right away anyway. 

Who is your ISP?  Could be the emails are being slowed and or blocked by your ISPs overzealous spam filtering.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

NathanBirch
Guru Member
Picogroup

Deceased

West Chicago, Illinois, USA
West Chicago
Illinois
USA

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 7:54pm

Well there is no spam filter problem.  Perhaps this might have something to do with changing from paying for AOL to switching connection providers and changing to the free version of AOL.  Looks like I have to do some more digging on my end.  Thanks for checking!
Nathan.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 8:17am

Nathan,

There is no way for you to know what AOL is blocking from you.  All ISPs block your mail at the server level which is beyond your knowledge or control.  Some are worse than others and their aggressive email blocking renders the service useless.

It's a huge problem.  If you ask them about this they will probably tell you they don't do it.  If they do, they are not being truthful.  They all do it.  What they block is quite random.  One day it's this and another that.  Unfortunately, you never know what is being blocked because you just don't receive it.  So, unless you actually know something was sent, you are in blissful ignorance.

I know....I fight with my ISP all the time trying to get them to stop choosing for me what I will be allowed to read.  And I pay them for this frustration......

I can receive things on my free Yahoo account that I cannot on my Earthlink business email account.

The whole thing is a huge cluster f^%$.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged