Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hello Everyone! (Read 3,371 times)
T. Pike
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Thomasville, North Carolina, North Carolina, USA
Thomasville, North Carolina
North Carolina
USA

Hello Everyone!
May 28th, 2009 at 7:58pm

My name is Terry Pike and I've been reading the posts since last year. Even started making a few posts in the last few weeks. I purchased a 4423 quad kit from Tom and I've been really enjoying using it in capturing waveforms on my cars.

For a little bit about my background, I took an electronics program back in 1971 and started worked with Sylvania troubleshooting color TV's. Later, I got into the industrial side of things as a electrician/mechanic and worked at that for about 22 years. During that time, I also got certified in refrigeration and acquired an electrical contractor's licence.

Decided to go back to school and got an AS degree in electronics engineering technology. And a few years later went back to school and got a BS in electronics engineering technology with a strong background in programming.

Presently, I work for a large electronics firm as an electrical engineer designing electroplating equipment. Okay, enough of the career stuff!

I have a loving wife with three children and we both enjoy the same things such as reading, going to the beach, movies, mountains, cookouts; all the usual stuff.

I've always enjoyed worked on cars, yet I never did it professionally. Hopefully, with my electrical/electronics background, I can contribute and also hope to learn from the very talented people on this forum.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Hello Everyone!
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2009 at 7:40am

Glad your here, Terry.   Wink

It's because of people like you that we do not limit our forums to professional automotive techs.  Your in good company here and we have many who share other backgrounds with us, which just enriches the community even more.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

T. Pike
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Thomasville, North Carolina, North Carolina, USA
Thomasville, North Carolina
North Carolina
USA

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2009 at 8:24am

Tom Roberts wrote on May 29th, 2009 at 7:40am:
Glad your here, Terry.   Wink

It's because of people like you that we do not limit our forums to professional automotive techs.  Your in good company here and we have many who share other backgrounds with us, which just enriches the community even more.

Thanks Tom for the warm welcome!  Smiley

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2009 at 11:46am

Hello stuzman.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

Danny Berry, Sr.
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 840ft

McDonough, Ga., Georgia, USA
McDonough, Ga.
Georgia
USA

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2009 at 4:50pm

Hi Terry,

I have a similiar background in engineering myself. I designed Transmission power lines and various voltage substastions for 40 years...retired 3 months now and learning LSD..scopes that is through Tom and all of the other talented people on this site. Welcome and looking forward to your contributions to the site. Smiley

Danny Berry

IP Logged