Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

New member of the Autonerdz family (Read 7,484 times)
Brian Haley
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Olympia, WA, Washington, USA
Olympia, WA
Washington
USA

New member of the Autonerdz family
Jan 25th, 2009 at 12:02pm

Hello all,
Thought I should take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Brian Haley and am a new employee at the Autonerdz facitilty. I’ve been with Autonerdz just one week now and have found the experience to be very challenging, intimidating, and educational but mostly fun.
A little about myself; started out part time at a service station late in high school. Oil changes, minor tune, parts installer, etc. After high school I completed the Automotive Technology program at South Puget Sound Community College with an ATA degree. Worked at two different independent shops for about 15 years total. I then decided to give the educational field a try. Started teaching full time at my alma mater, SPSCC. I mostly taught Electronics and drivability, a very challenging yet rewarding experience. Was granted tenure after a few years but found the campus politics didn’t agree with me. After five years I decided to look for a new path and along came Autonerdz.
I have used Pico products extensively in the past with a great deal of success but was amazed at what I didn’t know. In just a few minutes of Tom’s guidance, I had the scope doing things I never thought possible. Is it wrong to get paid for having so much fun?
Looking forward to assisting and learning from all of you. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Thanks,
Brian Haley

Brian Haley
Autonerdz.com

IP Logged

Tom Hardaway
Picogroup

Joplin Missouri, Missouri, USA
Joplin Missouri
Missouri
USA

Re: New member of the Autonerdz family
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 1:06pm

Hi Brian

Good luck with Autonerdz, I know it will be fun.

I don't think that this field is going to get boring any time soon.

Tom

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 2:00pm

Hello Brian.
        I live to the north of Autonerdz. My name is Donald Gamble, I sign on here as fisher.  I dont have near the autmotive experience you do. Will you be contributing to these discussions?
   I have yet to buy a scope from Autonerdz. I plan on it sooner or later.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 5:35pm

Hi Brian,

I'm impressed with what you have done so far. It appears you will be a great asset to our group.

Welcome aboard.  Wink

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 10:51pm

Brian is here for all of you.  Use him.  Feel free to talk to him when you call and give him a chance to assist.  He will surprise you with his Nerdiness.   Cool

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

john racic
Guru Member
Picogroup

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 7:58pm

Welcome Brian

heard a bit from you during group therapy.  Were you the one with 5 kids?  sometimes voices all start to sound the same.  

since you are an important part of the group that tom has created, please tell us a bit about you (you, not your career).  some of us find it much easier to communicate with friends, we become much more relaxed, and find it easier to show our "stupid side", which is how most of us really learn.

we are looking forward to your posts here, there are quite a few really amazing people who participate in this, but I certainly look forward to another view.  Everyone brings a different view, added together it becomes really good.

This thing says i have 99,301 characters left.  even I can't talk that much!

John

IP Logged

Brian Haley
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Olympia, WA, Washington, USA
Olympia, WA
Washington
USA

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 10:14pm

Thanks for the welcome John, no kids here. My wife and I met about 7 years ago and decided it was too late in life to take that on. We met having a mutual interest in boating; an interest that was short lived. We had a 28 footer, dual station, a lot of fun until I started watching the fuel gauge. Had a 100 gallon fuel tank using about 13 gallons per hour at 22 MPH. We decided to trade the boat in for a travel trailer and never looked back. Many of our friends and family have vacation property in Washington and we take advantage whenever possible. As a hobby I enjoy fitting older vehicles with modern technology, we used a 1966 Chevy C-20 to pull our travel trailer, equipped with Ford EDIS, Megasquirt controlling the TBI and timing, later model 350 engine, 4L60 transmission, and a Dana 60 3.73 rear. This truck from the factory; 283 CI, powerglide and 4:56 gears, got 7 MPG. The improvements more than doubled the fuel mileage (and power). My current project is a 1950 Chevy 3100 truck. I purchased the frame, cab and bed last March and so far installed the 283 out of my 66 Chevy, a turbo 350 and independent suspension front and rear borrowed from a 1985 jaguar XJ-S. I am currently fitting injector bungs into an old offenhauser intake, tricky job.  I hope this gives you an idea about me and my interests, looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Brian

Brian Haley
Autonerdz.com

IP Logged

TCROfreak

Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 10:25pm

Brian,
Will you be at the class on Saturday?

Howard Keck
I am not as normal as I look
TCROfreak TCROfreak