Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Autonerdz site login (Read 2,478 times)
Stan Seegers
Picogroup

Autonerdz site login
Dec 28th, 2008 at 10:30am

Happy Holidays,

Recently I have been working in the shop and wanted to see something from the site. Sometimes I find it easier to logon again to the site from another computer, than go back to the first computer I am logged on with. Sometimes, that first computer is being used my another tech and the Autonerdz site is minimized. This situation seems to work, but is it ok to be logged on more than once to the site? Didn't want to take advantage of the site by being logged on more than once at the same time.

Thanks,

Stan

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Autonerdz site login
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 4:54pm

Stan,

You can log in from different PCs, however, it is best to log out on one and log in from another.  This prevents an error message you might get if the IPs are different.

It's also very important that you do  not share your login with another person.  This is spelled out in the user agreement.  This is important for forum security and for your protection.  Also another reason to log out before leaving the computer you are using is so that your login remains secure.

If someone else has your login, it would be a good idea to change your password.  

There is no reason to use another's login.  Anyone who wants to log in can just sign up.  Afer all, it's free.   Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:22pm by Tom Roberts »  

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged