Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

We Have Reached Another Milestone (Read 5,719 times)
Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

We Have Reached Another Milestone
Jan 15th, 2009 at 3:01pm

Well, it's time to buy some more server space and bandwidth.  This is great news because it means that we are growing.

We have outgrown our present hosting account in storage space and some months nearing bandwidth limits.  Of course the larger server capacity means a little more cost but it has been my goal since I started all this that we would bust out of that package and need to buy more.

Great milestone to kick off 2009.  Thanks everyone for using the site it and making this possible.   Smiley

Keep up the good work....

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Tom Hardaway
Picogroup

Joplin Missouri, Missouri, USA
Joplin Missouri
Missouri
USA

Re: We Have Reached Another Milestone
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 5:54am

Thank you Tom for a GREAT forum.  Wink

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 9:09am

Tom,

You are most welcome.   Wink

You sure would not have wanted to be here during the forums upgrade process.

It wasn't pretty.... Smiley

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

joecar+
Guru Member
Picogroup

Southern California, California, USA
Southern California
California
USA

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 10:36am

Tom, thanks, the forum seems to be faster now...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  ...doesn't give me enough time to sip coffee while waiting for response...   Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Jim_Wilson
Super Nerd
Picogroup

nothing to say

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 11:15am

Quote:
server capacity means a little more cost but it

Well, server space is little affected by mere text, so I think if your looking for someone to blame thank, it would be Mick since he posts so many .psdata files  Smiley

Have you thought of starting a pico file data base to upload/download from? Make it for those who buy your package to offset the costs.

Since your policy is, once your in your in, I would think no one would object to giving it to you (and enhancing your business).

My main objection to BBs direction for iatn was based on a broken promise and therefore, a type of theft. Its a strained argument, but I think you know what I mean.

I am not marketing any service or product.
Everyone happy now?

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 12:22pm

Jim,

Quote:
so I think if your looking for someone to blame thank, it would be Mick since he posts so many .psdata files

Yup, some of it is Mick's fault but we have a lot of prolific contributors so he shares the blame   Wink

Seriously though, I never want to discourage this process.  It's here for you all to use and I WANT you to use it.  

Quote:
Have you thought of starting a pico file data base to upload/download from?

Basically that is what these forums can be used for.  Data files mean so much more when in the context of a discussion rather than just out there.  Now that the search functions are working again, it makes it possible to find stuff.  Of course, I could always add another board or something...someplace to post known good captures of interest perhaps?  Or.....

Quote:
Since your policy is, once your in your in,

Yeah, that is the intent.  But I have found that I have had to make it up as I went along too.  Years ago, I never anticipated that our Picogroup members would go to work for other Pico vendors.  Those guys get removed.  So also do some who remove their support from us by upgrading with another supplier.  

We made the decision that we would direct our resources back to those who provided them. That would be our customers. That way we can direct our growth to benefit all those who helped make it possible. We owe it to them.  Seems only fair to me.   Wink

Joe,

Thanks.  Glad to hear that.  There were points where I was regretting the forums upgrade but it was too late...had to press on.  Worked out in the end I think.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged