Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

The best size screen for the pico scope (Read 4,039 times)
keithcrowell
Picogroup

Hoquiam, Washington, USA
Hoquiam
Washington
USA

The best size screen for the pico scope
Apr 17th, 2008 at 2:06pm

I am going to be purchasing a pico from you . I was wondering if there was preference as to what size screen  people were using. I know my wife has a 17" screen on her laptop and it is kind of a bulky thing. And I am not sure if I will be getting the scope before the price increase on May 1st. But I will certainly try. I think you told me at the ATE they were going up about $100.00 which is still not bad . So if anyone can tell me what size screen they are using and if they like it or would try something different. Thanks

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: The best size screen for the pico scope
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 5:19pm

Keith,

I have 14 inch screens.  One of them is a wide screen tablet. 

The screen size is really a personal preference.  Some guys like those little micro PCs.  I can't see the screen with my old eyes.  To each his own.   Wink

Pico's powerful zoom features can make use of any screen.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Todd Huggard

One day I'll get it

Edmonton, Alberta, Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, Alberta
Alberta
Canada

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 5:29pm

Hi Keith, I use a 14 inch screen as well.As Tom said personal preference is the thing here.
A BIG monitor really shines when reviewing your saved stuff Smiley
All other handheld offerings out there are handicapped by screen size, among other things. With Pico the skys (or size) is the limit.
I do advise however to make sure the laptop you are using is handy enough or you have made it portable enough to road test with.

Todd
techsupportwest  
IP Logged

Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 6:10pm

Hi Keith,

I prefer the 17" over the 14" I have. Plus, the 17" is lighter. In additon to the laptop with the larger screen, I also have a 20" monitor that sits on my scope cart too. This makes for easy viewing from the drivers seat.

Thank you for your positive comments about the current ramping class at ATE. I'm building another one that gets more involved with scanners. I hope you make the next one. It is already planned to have another since this one was so successful. You helped in making that happen.

Regards,  

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged

keithcrowell
Picogroup

Hoquiam, Washington, USA
Hoquiam
Washington
USA

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 10:08pm

Well I am still not too sure about what size I would like. But I think I will start with the smaller screen and work my way up. I was leaning towards a smaller screen for road testing . But I can see where a larger one in the shop would be good also.
Carl and Tom ur classes were what I needed to make a decision on getting a scope. Everyday now I wish I had a scope so I can start learning.  So many cars so little time. I know I will have a learning curve but with the support from you guys I think it will be no problems. Well maybe I should be saying few problems Wink Thanks again for the advice

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 11:47pm

Keep in mind also that files can easily be transferred to a big brother PC for examination and storage.  The PicoScope software not only updates for free, but has no restrictions on the number of PCs you can install it on.

I look forward to having you in our Picogroup.   Wink

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged