Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

New to site (Read 2,633 times)
canyondust
Freshman Member

New to site
Feb 25th, 2008 at 10:06am

Hi all.
I was pointed to you site by the very nice Dave Hill.
It looks very interesting and a great resource.

A bit about myself.  I am not a mechanic, or diagnostic chap or anything like that but I do like to fiddle and furckle with motors here and there.  I've been playing with diesels since a young kid and over the past few years have got into common rail systems.

For a day job I now work in the defense industry designing the latest generation of Radars, jammers, radar warning receivers etc.
Previous to that I worked as an engineer for the government where I was fortunate enough to become chartered.

I play around with lots of different types of test equipment which includes scopes - I'm really impressed at what is being done with scopes and other forms of test equipment on cars these days.

I will probably ask more questions than provide useful answers - but will do my best.

James.

IP Logged

Danny Berry, Sr.
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 840ft

McDonough, Ga., Georgia, USA
McDonough, Ga.
Georgia
USA

Re: New to site
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 6:25pm

Welcome to the Nerdz site James,

I too am not a Mechanic or diagnostic tech, however I am an Engineer also. I don't recall how I stumbled across this site but I like you like cars and fuguring out anythihg electrical. You will get hooked as I have, Grin  Dave Hill and all of these guys on the site are a great bunch and will make you feel welcome at at any level of experience or lack there of.

I have a son who used to be a transmission tech in a GM dealership and is now a ground support equipment mechanic at Delta Airlines. I love going through his old GM training material, etc.

My day job has been designing power substations for 25 years , + a 3 year stent in the US Army (Radio Relay & Carrier Equipment Repair) and the past 11 years have been spent coordinating the design and cost estimates for high voltage transmission lines in the central and southern part of the State Of GA.

It sounds like you will fit right in with your experience in scopes and radar equipment. Tom Roberts is a great guy and can fix you up with a Pico. I bought a 2 channel  3223 pico scope kit about 6 months ago. That's enough about me!  Smiley Again welcome.

Danny Berry

IP Logged

Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Re: New to site
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 9:17pm

Hi James,

Welcome to the Autonerdz Community Forums. We are proud to have such a great group of members here.We joke around a little bit from time to time. This is truly a nice place to hang out and not have to be worried about by being ridiculed.

I'm not an enginneer, but you are certainly welcome here. Sometimes we need you to help us figure out what we might be missing. At the same time, you might want us to give up information. The bottem line is, we are all here to learn. We share our stories and there is no EGO trips.

I'll be looking forward to your posts.

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged