Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Vision Hi-Tech Training and Expo 08 (Read 6,618 times)
Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Vision Hi-Tech Training and Expo 08
Feb 9th, 2008 at 4:20pm

Hello everyone,

As many of you know, this event is coming up soon. March 7-9, 2008 / Kansas City.

http://www.visionkc.com:80/

I’ve decided to go again this year. There are many classes still available. This is a great opportunity to put faces to the names and have wonderful round table discussions with some of the best in the industry. This is always a spectacular event each and every year.

The only suggestion I can make as far as what class to take is…find the one that you feel that will make a difference in what you do.

Regards,

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged

Qwix0r

crap, what did I do now?

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Baltimore
Maryland
USA

Re: Vision Hi-Tech Training and Expo 08
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 10:18am

Carl
Learn something for me Smiley

Man , how do you guys get to travel so much?

Qwix

IP Logged

Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 11:01am

Hi Qwix,

I'm an information and instrument junkie. It's a disease that has no cure yet.

Events like this are mini vacations. Sure, there are costs involved, but you know, it's worth it to interact with some of the best. Only a four hour drive for this anual gathering. It doesn't matter how far away usually, just hop on a plane and your there in no time.

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged

rlauckner
Freshman Member
Picogroup

wdm, Iowa, USA
wdm
Iowa
USA

Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 11:52am

This will be my first time going to Vision

I can`t wait i just hope not to be too overwhelmed by it all. I wish i had a more receptive memory to really soak stuff in but it is just hard for me to do. i know it will be a huge benifit even if I have to reread course material for months after.

IP Logged

Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Reply #4 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 1:07pm

Rob,

You will be overwhelmed at first, but that diminishes. It's a friendly atmosphere of techs, educators, service advisors and managers that are all there for the same reason.

I don't know of any plans to gather groups together to meet one another, but that isn't out of the question. If you or anyone else has an idea to make that happen, let me know and I'll pass it on to the director.

Send me a private message and I'll see to it you get introduced to many people that will be there.

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged

Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2008 at 7:28pm

Hello everyone,

I just got back from Vision ‘08.

First of all, I would like to thank Sheri Hamilton and her husband Bob for all their efforts to present such a large well organized event. Although a roadblock had to be hurdled, they pulled it off.   

Secondly, all those that contributed to help make this successful deserve recognition as well.

Most of us couldn’t imagine what it takes to organize an event this big, but it magically happens year after year. The credit goes to Sheri (the ASA MO/KAN director), her husband Bob, the people that are part of the association, the vendors, the instructors, the technicians, the owners/managers/service advisors, and others that are clearly defined as being a part of the automotive industry.

It takes all of us to work in harmony to provide the final product. That product is to provide a valuable service to our motorists that we define as our customers.

I’m hesitant to start listing everyone I met there (new or old acquaintances) for fear I may have left someone out. However, please allow me to mention at least one. I’ve been a consecutive attendee for many years, but this year I wasn’t going to go until I got wind that one certain person was going to be there. This person was Jan Kraakman. As many of you know, Jan has been a great addition to the forums. We finally got to meet at Vision. Had time allowed, we could have talked for hours. It was an honor to finally meet Jan. I knew he was in good hands traveling with Mac Vandenbrink. Hi Mac! Jan shared a condensed version of his travels in the US. I could tell he enjoyed the whole extended trip.

Techs,

There aren’t many of us willing to pour out this much expense to do what Jan did. Do you know why he did it? That answer seems easy to me. He has a passion for what he does.

Jan,

It was very nice to meet you, Sir.

Regards,

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged

Jan Kraakman
Picogroup

Love my STS

Zwaag  Netherlands, Netherlands
Zwaag  Netherlands
Netherlands

Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 10:17am

Hey Carl and Everyone,

First of all I want to Thank Louise and Mac vandenBrink for their hospitality, Friendship and all that was given to me….. Smiley

One of the greatest experiences of my life after my wife José who let me go for almost four weeks….. Smiley

A brief (as possible) summary of my trip.
The day after Mac had picked me up from the Detroit airport, we left for Milwaukee WI to attend the Tech Expo 2008 on Feb. 16th where I had the Mode $ 6 class by Norman (doc) Nall in the morning and of course the Diagnostic skills beyond the scan tool class by Mac in the afternoon. Finally seen the Guru in live action.
On Feb. 18th I traveled to Beachville Ontario Can. were I visited relatives and on Thu. Feb. 21st Drove to Etobicoke Toronto to meet Mick Jones and family
Thanks Mick for your hospitality…..
Feb. 24th Mac and I drove to Indianapolis where we had classes from Randy Dillman, Jim Linder, Matt Fanslow and hands on training from John Thornton.
We had a Great week with Jim, his team and also visited a dyno and magneto shop.
Mar. 1st  We went up north again and stopped to visit Dave (sleuth) Meeks in Kokomo IN.
Thanks to you too Dave for your hospitality…..
After coming to one’s senses for a few days we left for Moville Iowa on Mar. 4th to lose one’s senses again being with Great Nerdz playing, playing and learning.
See http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1205205527
Mar. 6th we unfortunately had to leave for the Grand finale of my trip, Vision 2008 Kansas City.
Friday Mar. 7th class T1-AB Service Techniques 2008 update by Mark Warren & Jonathan Riggle.
Saturday  T13-C Mass airflow sensor diagnostics by John Thornton in the am.
and T16-D Advanced base engine diagnosis by Dave Scaler in the afternoon.
Sunday morning  T28-E GM Duramax diesel by Rory Perrodin who’s place was taken by Louie Nelson for ?? reason.
Mon. Mar. 11th  After a visit at the Automotive hall of Fame and dinner with Mac and son Loyd, Mac dropped me off at the Detroit airport to fly @ 10.10 pm tired and Grateful.

Carl,
Thanks for the nice words, it was an Honor to meet you too.
Time will always be the enemy when surrounded by good people having fun, we sure could have talked for hours and sure will in the future.

Tom,
I regret that I didn’t meet the Greatest Pico Guru this time…..
To be at the opening of the training center would be awesome too.

To all the Great people I’ve met, all that I’ve learned and all that was given to me during my trip THANK YOU  Smiley

The award is not only for me, but for all that are willing to learn

Award.JPG (74 KB | )
Award.JPG

Jan Kraakman    Zwaag  Netherlands
WWW WWW Jan Kraakman jan_kraakman  
IP Logged