Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

OMG FUBAR (Read 2,633 times)
Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

OMG FUBAR
Feb 2nd, 2008 at 3:17pm

Yesterday Morning, the forums just went down.  No changes had been made on my end and it turned out not to be an Earthlink server issue this time   Wink

Took three tries at Earthlink to have a conversation with one of the techs on the ground but JC was really dedicated to proving out that it was NOT a server problem with perl.  That allowed me to move on.  I requested help from the YaBB forums community and looks like they were as stumped as I was.

Very long story short...I had to completely rebuild the forums from scratch and used a backup I made after they went down to restore all the posts and members data.

Looks OK so far.  We are putting them up live now.  Please let me know if you encounter anything odd.

On the up side, I took the opportunity to upgrade them while i was at it.  So, you will find a few new things and a few less bugs.

If you want to read the YaBB forums saga it is here:

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1201896736

Thank you all for your patience with this disaster.  It was not fun to be me the last couple of days  Undecided

Feeling better now.... Cool

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Re: OMG FUBAR
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 11:03pm

I am happy to see the return of Autonerdz.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged