Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

pico 212/3 (Read 4,617 times)
johnfs
Freshman Member

pico 212/3
Dec 8th, 2007 at 2:41pm

will the mixmaster work well with the 212,and give a good pattern.I like the pico scope very well,but I can not seem to get a good secondary pattern.I though if the mixmaster would help I could buy one.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: pico 212/3
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 3:18pm

John,

The 212/3 will produce an excellent secondary pattern.  You just have to know how to configure the scope for best results.  You can't put nearly as much time on the screen as you can the 3000 series units before the sample rate can't handle it but it's still better than most other available alternatives.

There are plenty of examples on these forums.  Here is one thread:

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=picopub;action=display;num=1077...

The Mixmaster would not help if you are having difficulty getting a pattern without one.  All it does is multiplex a number of inputs on waste spark systems so you can see all of them at one time.

If, at some point you want to upgrade to a 3000 series, we have options for you so you can also get our support and training package with it.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Wilf
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Never too old to learn

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, Manitoba, Canada
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Manitoba
Canada

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 3:43pm

Here is a peek at a mixmaster capture
As you can see this car has a problem
Easier to see with the Mixmaster to seperate the events
Just a flick of a switch an it goes from a parade to a split
This was taken with a 3000 series scope

Wilf

IP Logged

johnfs
Freshman Member

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 6:16pm

thanks WILF & TOM you were a big help,and yes Iam going to upgrade to the 3000 one day soon.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 7:05pm

John,

Since this is Pico related, I have moved the thread into the PicoScope forum area.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado, Colorado, USA
Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2007 at 4:40am

Hello John

On distributor systems with the 212 series its best to run an external inductive pickup for trigger.  This wil increase the performance when only one channel is used.  Were the 0 mark will be number one are wichever cylinder is selected for triggering.

DIS is little trickier without the mixmaster.  Using both seccondary leads its possible to observe coil companion cylinders waste and compression.

Here is an example using a 3000 series scope

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2358961231410204381

Obviously the 212 was less resources than so its not a good idea to put that much time on the screen.  One the portions of the movie were I zoomed in thats the kind of pattern you will want to set your time base to aquire that type of pattern of course the downfall is it will switch between wich cylinder is power and compression.

Even though its a 212 you have, pico 6 software has some nice additional features you might want to try it out.

Sam

IP Logged