Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

US Dollar Continues to Crash (Read 3,421 times)
Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

US Dollar Continues to Crash
Nov 14th, 2007 at 9:56am

Global money markets are not something I ever had much interest in but, when something directly affects you, things change.

As I'm sure you noticed, the US economy is in crisis.  Some of the responses to keep things going can most kindly be described as irresponsible.  

The result has been a rapid decline in the value of the US dollar against all major global currencies.  We could go into all the policies and actions that have brought this about but I'm not going to go there.  I'll just say that, until things change, the trend is likely to continue.

So, why am I telling you this?  What do you care?  

Well, as you know, Pico is in the UK.  The more the dollar falls, the more imported products like PicoScopes are going to cost.  Prices will be adjusted in January to reflect the changes in monetary exchange rates.  

So, if you live in the USA and ever thought about getting a PicoScope, you might want to do that before the end of the year.  In every crisis there is opportunity  Wink

Take a look at the US dollar performance against other currencies over the past year:

« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2007 at 11:05am by Tom Roberts »  

usdcrash.gif (57 KB | )
usdcrash.gif

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Re: US Dollar Continues to Crash
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 11:07pm

That stuff is bad news.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

natefico
Freshman Member

Re: US Dollar Continues to Crash
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 2:04pm

I have been a currency speculator for the past year. The USD has been weakening against GBP since 2001.

Here is a picture of my chart.

pound.gif (22 KB | )
pound.gif

IP Logged