Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Expo in Mesa Arizona (Read 3,175 times)
Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Expo in Mesa Arizona
Jun 23rd, 2007 at 2:02pm

We got involved in sponsoring this expo in Mesa, Arizona.  We will be there in spirit in our unmanned booth with materials to be grabbed up  Wink  We had sponsored another one previously in Utah.

If you can attend, please let me know what you think of the event.  A Nerd Series CD set is to be given away during the show.

ade07.gif (79 KB | )
ade07.gif

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Expo in Mesa Arizona
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 2:39pm

We were approached by ADE to sponsor a couple of their events in Utah and Arizona and it seemed like a good idea at the time.  Thought we would try it and see how it worked out.  We didn't have a real good idea what they were all about.

They had another one scheduled in Houston and Carl Grotti, one of affiliate trainers, graciously offered to do a pro-bono class for them for free if they just covered expenses.  A rare opportunity to get some quality real world training for the event.  They declined the offer  Shocked 

Now it seems the Houston event has been canceled:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, its has become necessary to postpone indefinitely the September 22 region 2 Expo in Houston, TX. We look forward to seeing you in Houston at a later time. We will keep you updated on future training classes and seminars as they become available."

http://www.ade2007.com/index.html

For some reason, I am not surprised.   Smiley

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Re: Expo in Mesa Arizona
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2007 at 6:07pm

Very confusing to me. Why a coordinator wouldn’t take this opportunity is beyond me. Actually, I would have lost wages to do them a service. I’m ok with volunteer work like this, but should I pay to do a presentation?

I looked at the line-up of instructors and didn’t recognize any. That is not to say they were not good. It’s just that they were sponsored by corporations so their time was compensated for. Mine wouldn’t have been.

Maybe we can work something out later when they are serious. Like you, it doesn’t surprise me of the cancellation. I won’t be giving them that same deal again. It’s a shame because the instructional material had so much to offer. 

Regards,

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged