Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Downloading and zooming Pico (Read 4,131 times)
fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Downloading and zooming Pico
Apr 30th, 2007 at 9:52pm

I have a copy on CD of PICO 27.(is that aDVD?)  Can I download the actual operating software and use it to zoom in captures sent here  that are Pico captures?

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

Jeff
Guru Member
Picogroup

Re: Downloading and zooming Pico
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2007 at 5:00am

Hi Fisher,
 Tom offers the download at the main site.  You will need the correct version to open the files.  May have changed a little since I've used the demo program.  You can zoom in with the demo.  This demo is great to get use to the way PICO is formated and to veiw files that the members have posted.  I think Tom updated the PICO 6 to newer version.  When you download the demo give me a e-mail and I can send you some files if you would like.  Thanks

Jeff

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2007 at 8:39am

Thanks for jumping in Jeff.  Right you are.

Fisher,

Anything you have on a CD is outdated.  I suggest you get the latest.  I don't think PicoScope 6 is on it anyway.  We now have the 6.0.8.2 demo up here:

http://www.autonerdz.com/picokit.htm

You can also get it on the Pico site along with the full versions:

http://www.picotech.com/auto/automotive-software.html

The full version can run simulated demo signals too, so you can play without the hardware.  Just be aware that neither can demonstrate the high speed streaming super powers we can get at the longer time bases.  This requires the hardware.  So, when you hit 200ms/div and longer the demo will not behave like the real thing and will not collect the millions of samples we get with the hardware in high speed streaming mode.  The demo does not stream.

However, you can still open psdata files that were captured in high speed streaming with the hardware and analyze them.

Both PicoScope 6 demo or full version, require the Microsoft Dot NET Framework 2.0.  You will need to be on line during the installation so your PC can go get this, if you don't have it.  Takes a while the first time if you need the Dot NET.  This Dot NET is also available on DVD if your have a PC that has no high speed internet access.

If you do not have the Dot NET and are not on line, it won't hurt anything but the install will not complete.

Hope this helps you and others who may want to get up to speed here and be able to see the data files we share.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2007 at 10:00am

Thank you,  I owe you. Tonight I will do the download.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2007 at 10:18am

I will send you an e-mail Jeff, I hope this messed up computer does the load. It ought. I have all my files on a flash drive preparing to re-load with a new copy of XP. Then I will start over, be able to send scanner captures and ask for better advice than I can get without.
Have not got around to that yet.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged