Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Screen Jumps Up and Down (Read 3,530 times)
rick fazz
Freshman Member

Screen Jumps Up and Down
Mar 11th, 2007 at 9:35pm

Why?

Not actually the screen but the web page inside the frame. Is that the way to put it? Undecided Seems like it jumped more often with IE6 than it does with IE7. I'm using XP Home. I have this problem on two computers.

Thanks for any help,

Rick

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Screen Jumps Up and Down
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 11:03pm

Hi Rick,

Is your screen resolution set to 800x600 ?  If so, increase the resolution.  That should fix it.  Let me know.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

rick fazz
Freshman Member

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2007 at 11:49pm

Hi Tom,

thanks for the prompt reply and this site.  Smiley

My screen resolution is 1024x768. 32bit color, 96dpi, 60hz, hope this helps. My middle aged eyes have enough trouble at this resolution even with glasses  Shocked

Years ago when I first found out about Autonerdz it use to flicker (up & down) faster & more often. Also I have the same event on more than one computer.   Embarrassed If it was just this lap top I would use one of my others & not take your time.

If I tell you that on the general board 2 or 3 spaces get cut off one end, (I can scroll back and forth and see them) does that help any. Even if I full screen the window it doesn't change things.

I wonder if I'm the only one? Undecided

I like the smiley faces they make things a little nicer. Smiley

Thanks again

Rick

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 10:54am

That's weird Rick.  Undecided

The jumping up and down issue that I referred to was new as of these updated forums.  That issue is caused by the news ticker at the top of the screen when you are viewing with too low a resolution.  The site is not designed for 800x600 and not having enough space makes the news ticker kick down a line which makes the screen jump up and down.  I never tried to make it better with 800x600 because you need more resolution anyway to see the images and other stuff.

However, this is not your issue obviously.  Perhaps you have a problem with the browser you are using?  I have not had any such issues reported to me using your resolution.  What browser are you using?

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged