Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

pico arrived today (Read 3,352 times)
rlauckner
Freshman Member
Picogroup

wdm, Iowa, USA
wdm
Iowa
USA

pico arrived today
Feb 23rd, 2007 at 7:23pm

Well my luck is changing it may seem UPS was on the ball with my pico today, it`s a good thing too there telling us to get the shovels ready for this weekend if it had`nt made it today i do`nt know when it would have finally arrived. i managed to get some traces tonight off my 2000 regal tonight an 02 sensor maf sensor injector current ramp and mechanical opening  at the same time that was the cool one because jill my wife just happend to come out in the garage at that moment and even she thought it was cool to see it in action,

there is a question i have though i know the destructions tell you to ground the scope to the battery negative terminal. but, i had some serious noise trouble until i moved my ground to the engine? i hate not following directions but i have seen this quirk with some other scopes, if it`s not i`m guessing that it`s the alternator causing all this extra noise on the trace?

thank you
rob lauckner

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: pico arrived today
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2007 at 8:32pm

Could be.  If you get less noise that way, nothing wrong with that  Wink  Other times you may find the opposite, depending on your hook up.  For future reference, use the user's area for this type of question.  You will get more complete responses there for any Pico help and technique questions. 

Sounds like you have made some major progress for day one  Smiley

You can always email me a data file to review so I can see what you are up to  Cool

Thanks and welcome to the group.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

rlauckner
Freshman Member
Picogroup

wdm, Iowa, USA
wdm
Iowa
USA

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 10:07am

Tom
i dove into more of your cd that you supply with your kits this morning and it turns out that i was overzealous to say the least on my sample rates when i was hooked up to the 02 sensor last night. I cannot thank you enough for providing this kit with the amount of educational material you do i may have stumbled over myself for quite some time without it. new ideas and technology can be quite scary and exciting at the same time your info puts those elements in there proper places at  warp 10 speed.

robert lauckner

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2007 at 6:16pm

Yeah, Rob.  More sample rate there than you are accustomed to for sure  Shocked

Glad to hear you are making good use of the training on the CD.  We want to do some more of those with PicoScope 6 but are waiting until some more features are in place and things are more stable as far as operational details.  Got ahead of ourselves a little with the PicoScope 6 views movie and some of the features changed  Huh  Glad they are helping you with the learning curve nevertheless.  If you need anything.....

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged