Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Pico Maiden Voyage! (Read 6,671 times)
Dave Hill
Freshman Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Leicestershire England, England
Leicestershire England
England

Pico Maiden Voyage!
Jan 22nd, 2007 at 1:16pm

This is my first "International" post, so I hope I dont discrace myself  Undecided

I have made some secondary captures on a 1995 Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ltr Zetec (wasted Spark system). At first I was pleased with the results, but after I posted this on a UK forum, it was pointed out that I should not have been able to see all these firing events on one screen. I can see now that cylinders 1 & 4 should be viewable together & 2 & 3 in a separate time frame. I cant explain what I have done (perhaps I should patent the technique  Grin)

There is one more thing I cant understand. I have set up each channel as Neg Kv & only channel D is set to Pos Kv & yet the traces look ok (I think)

Here is the data file link (BETA software required)....http://www.londonroadgarage.com/images/2.0_mondeo_1995_zetec_secondary_ignition_...

I did not purchase my Pico from you guys so I will understand if you tell me to p*** off Wink

I have been browsing this site for some time now & I often end up with a sore head because of the in depth detail that is available. Nice work!

Dave Hill (UK)

Man who waits for roast duck to fly into open mouth must wait very, very long time.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Pico Maiden Voyage!
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2007 at 1:24pm

Nice animated gif, Dave.  Welcome to the Autonerdz Community Forums.  You're on the right track.  Put more time on the screen and turn up your samples and I think you will see what to do.  Also, separate your pickups from other wires as much as you can to minimize the ghosting from adjacent wires.  You can get them all on one screen, but they won't be lined up.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged