Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

I was bored .... (Read 3,377 times)
jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado, Colorado, USA
Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

I was bored ....
May 14th, 2006 at 7:37pm

and counted how many psd I have on my pc and currently have 1947 even after a hard drive crash back in o4

So how many captures does everyone else have?

I know probably should of been open discussion but we are talking about psd files Smiley

Sam

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: I was bored ....
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2006 at 4:41pm

Wow, Sam.   Shocked

That's quite a collection.  I have no idea how many I have.  I have a ton of my stuff and then a lot of stuff I get from members of the group too.

Perhaps you could share your filing method.  How do you organize your files so that you can find what you want with minimal hassle?  I'm sure everyone has their own method that works for them but we could all use ideas for organizing.  Sure helps to set something up before you get too many files.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Summers
Freshman Member

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2006 at 5:13am

Sorry to bother you Gentleman as I still sadly not a Picoscope owner (scantool needed updating before my scope) but I was wondering if a .PSD file is double clicked while windows explorer if Picoscope opens and loads selected file? 

If it does, Microsoft Access allows files to be hyperlinked in a database.  So it would be possible to create an AESwave type database with entries hyperlinked to the corresonding .PSD file.

Just a thought

Paul Summers

IP Logged

jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado, Colorado, USA
Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #3 - May 16th, 2006 at 11:19am

I save most of captures by date (pico default)  and later on add a number sequence on the end so it is possible to use the page up and down to scroll through the captures

Save on trigger captures I create an invidual folder naming the year vehicle and sometimes engine

at the end of each month I create a new folder and place all the files for that month in it.

It works for me.

Summer

If a psd file is accessed other than through the pico software it is possible to open it using a choose program option but there was some issues with that the last software upgrade

IP Logged