Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Nissan Primera P12 direct injection (Read 5,890 times)
s4cs4c
Picogroup

Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland
New Zealand

Nissan Primera P12 direct injection
Sep 25th, 2011 at 5:51pm

Hi all

The attached PSD file is from a 2003 Nissan Primera P12 with a QR25 direct injection engine.

The trace is from a known good system, appart from the brake sensor being open circuit [one on order]

My question is about understanding the waveform and what it means.

This injector is a three wire type and I wondered if anyone could explain the process of the different traces. It look as though the ChA trace is very close to a normal one and the current ChC is the same, however, what is ChB telling me?

I appoligise now if this question is regarded simple but I am just trying to expand my grey cells.

Regrds

IP Logged

crackerclicker
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Elevation 834 ft

Watertown, Wisconsin, USA
Watertown
Wisconsin
USA

Re: Nissan Primera P12 direct injection
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 5:58pm

s4cs4c wrote on Sep 25th, 2011 at 5:51pm:
It look as though the ChA trace is very close to a normal one and the current ChC is the same, however, what is ChB telling me?

the pcm is controlling both sides of the injector.  cha opens it quickly while chb is holding it open.  i'm guessing, depending on rpm and such, that you might see one or both waves being pulse width modulated.

crackerclicker  
IP Logged

Randy H.
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Tools are only as good
as the Tech holding them

Bardstown, Kentucky, Kentucky, USA
Bardstown, Kentucky
Kentucky
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2011 at 6:19pm

Looks like a peak - hold injector. It looks as if current reverses through chanB when chanA is on, with the chanB circuit being responsible for holding the injector open.
Im not 100 percent sure - im just going by what i see here. its definitely something I havent seen before. thanks for sharing this.

I could be wrong about this and probably am - I have some other ideas about how it works - but i figured id be the first to stick my neck out and risk looking like an idiot Grin

One of my other ideas is that the may be two separate solenoids inside the injector - I might be able to say more if we had more traces from all three wires.

Randy Hatton
Fleet Technician
Elevation: AVG 648 ft.

IP Logged

s4cs4c
Picogroup

Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland
New Zealand

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 12:29pm

Hi Randy
I do find that 'sticking you head out' does tend to get you shot, however, when the blood dries there tends to be alot more clarity.

Just to add to this, current is taken from the 10amp fuse supplying voltage to the injector. Both of the other traces are ECU controled.

IP Logged