Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Pico By The Numbers (Read 4,642 times)
Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Pico By The Numbers
Jun 14th, 2008 at 8:41am

I made this chart for a recent class.  I thought it might be helpful for those of you looking at adding PicoScope to your arsenal.

Recent posts I have read on other forums have been less than informative and many who talk about PicoScope do not understand it.  

There also continues to be a lot of dis-information about scopes and our job is to help dispel some of that.

So, here is some raw data showing how the Pico 3000 series perform in the field where it counts.  These are not theoretical numbers.  This is actual performance.

PicoScope Performance Chart

This covers all the available time bases and channel selections for the current software build.

This chart represents a single screen seamless capture performance.  Many of these screens are recorded into a larger storage buffer.

This is a scope on steroids.  Any questions?

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Carl Grotti
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Re: Pico By The Numbers
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 10:21am

This was a very good class, Tom. You would have welcomed anyone with their scopes to take the sample test which is why you put all the taps at each technician's spot on the tables. It was good to see the class seats fill with so many interested in your wisdom.

Thanks for all of your dedication in striving to be the best in support. It truly does show by what others say. You deserve an award for that. (Are you listening, Alan?) The monthly meetings with case studies, questions answered timely (I've been guilty of taking much of your time), putting together the flash movie tutorials and offering a free website on your dime for networking with other technicians and educators.

I just can't imagine anyone purchasing a PicoScope from anyone else. Autonerdz and their affiiates will do everything possible to satisfy a customer. We will even talk you out of a sale if it doesn't seem to fit your purpose or skill level. No, we aren't really salesmen. Tom and I would be fired if a company hired us for that purpose. Sales numbers are not the mission, very satisfied customers are. Sales just happens because of the reputation of the very valuable support including all the extras that go with it.

Carl Grotti
Forum Moderator
carl_grotti carl_grotti  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 11:33am

Thank you Carl.  You are a big part of our achievement.  And none of this would have been possible without all our dedicated Picogroup members too.

I'm sure you have noticed that other US distributors actively recruit our Picogroup members to get needed expertise and training.  Now the Canadian ones are doing the same. 

I'll take that as further validation of the effectiveness of our training and support program.   Wink

We go to a lot of trouble to make PicoScope automotive experts and enjoy every minute of it.   Cool

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Sam1
Super Nerd

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 1:04am

Tom

in the pdf file for the PicoScope 3423 Performance, starting from the 1 sec Capture Time raw downwards, all the Channels give the same reading, how can that be?

Thanks

Sam1  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #4 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 7:54am

Sam,

Good observation.   Wink

It does this by streaming the data to PC RAM for storage.  Now our sample buffer just got a LOT larger.  From 500ms to 1s, doubling the capture time actually increases the sample rate by over 6x.

Now when you deploy more channels it just grabs some more RAM.  So, the sample storage is no longer divided by the number of active channels.  It no longer matters how many channels you have in use, the sample rate remains the same.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged