Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Evolution (Read 4,146 times)
Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Evolution
Mar 25th, 2007 at 10:30am

The PicoScope 6 beta software continues to evolve.  We are all spoiled and impatiently waiting for new developments.

When I try to describe some of the new superpowers we are enjoying, I am often met with that deer in the headlights look of disbelief.  It's only a natural reaction to a company that has broken new ground and done things that have not been done before.

The following pictures illustrate some of these powers that PicoScope 6 has brought to the 3000 series automotive scopes..  These are from a single screen capture by a tech in the field (thanks Wilf) on a real application...2001 Infiniti QX4 3.5.  No smoke and mirrors here.  Any tech can do this.

The 10 second screen has collected 2 million samples per channel for each of four channels running.  Sample interval is 5 microseconds.  32 of these screens could have been recorded in a scrolling buffer for over 5 minutes.  

At this setting, PicoScope is sampling 10 to 20 times faster on each of four channels than the next most powerful automotive scopes can achieve running a single channel with the same capture time.   Shocked  

And the software is still beta..... Smiley

Here is the system diagram:

And the capture:

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Dave Hill
Freshman Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Leicestershire England, England
Leicestershire England
England

Re: Evolution
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2007 at 5:51am

Hi Tom

Amazing amount of data there. You can actually increase the amount of recorded frames from the default 32 up to a max of 127. The free zoom function is great too.  Smiley. I cant wait to see what we get next Wink

Cheers

Dave

Man who waits for roast duck to fly into open mouth must wait very, very long time.
WWW WWW  
IP Logged