Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

TECH2 (Read 794 times)
fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

TECH2
Jan 28th, 2024 at 12:16pm

I have a TECH 2 I said I am going to be selling, however I am waiting on a self-test adaptor to arrive so I can prove for sure all works. I will offer it here first...thanks for your patience...

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Re: TECH2
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2024 at 9:46am

So, I ordered the wrong plug, I was actually wanting what is the RS485. I went looking for it, found it was never activated in the TECH2. The TECH2 has an RS485 port but it was never activated. I already have RS232...
So, the tool boots up and does well scanning, is very clean too, but fails the RTC test. That test is RTC for RealTimeClock. I found this out last night. SInce it has a clock that keeps time regardless of whether it has power supplied to the tool I deduce it has a clock battery.
Possibly bad, I checked the date, day and time setting; had the right year but wrong day, date and time. I reset it and will leave it for a day or two and recheck it. A member contacted me about the tool, they live close by and I would be willing to drive up just to test it on a vehicle again; as I said it seems to work just fine otherwise and other tests have all passed.
If you know more about these tools I can use advice; I got this at an auction a few years back and know little. Doug Saros, a member, demonstrated it to me in Seattle and it worked well on his rig.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 1:34pm

Here is a picture of the backside of the TECH2

20240308_124856.jpg (4270 KB | 7 )
20240308_124856.jpg
Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2024 at 5:41pm

I have to take this down. I read the manual for this, a download. It mentions the POST - Power On Self Test - and states if the tool beeps three times, it has failed the POST test. It tests every time you start it. It fails the RTC test which is the "Real Time Clock" test. Earlier, reading the manual, I reset the clock, finding it to be off. It could be a dead clock battery. It could be as simple as a poor connection between the clock and its battery which can happen during prolonged storage. I am going to get my static grounding kit, ground me and pull the thing apart. It does seem to work anyway but it's value is reduced, since it is technically obsolete. My apologies.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged