Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

new member from a marketplace ad (Read 581 times)
Kevin T
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

new member from a marketplace ad
Nov 26th, 2023 at 12:16pm

i recently found that autonerdz existed from somebody on marketplace selling a 4425a kit.

i’ve worked at the same independent shop my entire technician career which is about 13 years now. i have access to lab scopes like my mt2400 vantage and whatever flavor snap on scan tool/scope we have at the time.

i recently have an A7 that the customer tried to self diagnose the ACC system and started messing with things. so the vehicle has signal malfunctions and the communication system uses flexray. when audi tech line was puzzled by the fault codes and ODISs test plan was worthless, at that point i realized that i needed to take my diagnosing to the next stage.

at the moment, im trying to educate my employer why a Pico is necessary and what it can perform. if they wont buy one then im faced with the purchase myself, which would be difficult.

hopefully i can absorb some new information here and regurgitate the assimilated information that ive picked up along my career.

IP Logged

HarleyMike
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Dinwiddie County, Virginia, USA
Dinwiddie County
Virginia
USA

Re: new member from a marketplace ad
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2023 at 1:47pm

Welcome to Autonerdz

I hope your employer can see the benefit in the scope.

I personally ended up buying my own pico scope 10yrs ago, it was a tough purchase..but it was one of my best investments so far. 

Good luck,  and again Welcome to the group.

~DatSoon Tech.~    Carter's Diagnostics on YouTube

IP Logged

JKMI
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Autonerd in progress.

West Michigan, Michigan, USA
West Michigan
Michigan
USA

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2024 at 6:28am

Welcome!

I also purchased a Pico myself in light of reluctant employers. Not a easy pill to swallow but has worked out in the long run for my situation.

IP Logged

Dave Thomas
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Duson, Louisiana, USA
Duson
Louisiana
USA

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2024 at 7:07am

Welcome. I purchased my own becuse of the same reason.

IP Logged

MariontheBarbarian
Freshman Member
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Houston, Texas, USA
Houston
Texas
USA

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2024 at 5:16am

Similar to the members above, I had a bunch of know it all peers who were too concerned with flat rate hours to bother actually diagnosing and just loaded the parts cannon,  When I reached the limits of my snap on scope, I got a Pico and it has made a tremendous impact in my career.  Hard bill to rationalize but knowing what I know now, I would have bought one around my third year of doing this and made payments if I had to.  It's that valuable.

IP Logged