Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Greetings from Georgia (Read 1,506 times)
Johnny O
Freshman Member
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Bethlehem, Georgia, Georgia, USA
Bethlehem, Georgia
Georgia
USA

Greetings from Georgia
May 10th, 2018 at 8:38am

Glad to be a part of the family. This old dog is jumping on board to learn new tricks. Wrenchin' since mid 70's so I have had the pleasure of trying to fix a little of everything considered "new and improved" over the past 40 years. Actually retired as line tech nearly a decade ago, but hung around as an adjunct instructor at a technical college because I have this overwhelming need to know how stuff works. No better place to feed my need, and share what experience has taught me with the up and coming generations of techs. Now the fine folks at the college offered me full time diesel instructor a few years back. Of course I jumped all over that. Modern technological applications into the trucking industry the past 10 years has taken place at a much greater pace than automotive did over the last 20! EPA requirements on particulates and NOx have changed in 2010, 2014, and 2017. Such rapid development and new strategies to meet requirements is pushing the sensors, components, and control modules to their limits. And of course every manufacturer has their own proprietary data and scan tool. I am here to find out how many ways raw data from a Picoscope (not the modified scanner output) can be used to diagnose impending and inevitable failures these systems will experience in due time. Of course the experiences of those who have previously taken on these same challenges is much appreciated, and will certainly be acknowledged and credited as such.

IP Logged

busjockey
LSD Guide

The Diesel Nerd

Champaign, Illinois, USA
Champaign
Illinois
USA

Re: Greetings from Georgia
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2018 at 1:47pm

Welcome Johnny O.  I am a Transit Bus Tech and I have been using the Pico to diagnose problems on everything.  Some examples are Cummins, Thermo King, Allison, Meritor Wabco, Multiplex Systems. Zf.  I have a  very extensive known good data base of waveforms also.  Plus I contribute regularly to the Cummins Bus forum in the Pico Group section.  I am also a Instructor like you and I'm a full time Tech.  I have been wrenching for 22 years.  If you have any questions about anything don't hesitate to contact me.  You can either pm me or I would be more than happy to talk to you on the phone.  You came to the right place, their is no one else out there as far as I know that offers HD Training for a Pico Scope other than Autonerdz.🙂  We are starting to accumulate quite a few HD members and this is getting exciting.  Looking forward to you becoming a member.  Trust me you will be blown away by the content on here I guarantee it.🤓  Also I just instructed at Vision this March and plan to instruct at more shows so let me know if you are coming to a show so we can meet.  Have a good day. Smiley

Busjockey

IP Logged