Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hi from Pico (Read 2,097 times)
trevor
Freshman Member

Hi from Pico
Feb 2nd, 2011 at 2:41am

Hi, I'm Trevor.

I've recently been hired at Pico Tech as the Software Test Engineer. My job is to find the broken stuff before you do. However, nobody is perfect and it's a big ongoing task, so I've signed up here to keep an eye on the stuff you are finding to guide my testing strategy.

I've always thought of software testing as a bit like mining; you have to sift tons of rock to find the ore you are looking for, but when you find one tiny nugget it often points to a whole seam of ore a little deeper down, with one deposit leading to another and to another, so it is with software bugs. I hope the stuff you find will point me towards those seams of bugs and allow me to concentrate on looking in those places most likely to have bugs rather than spread my time evenly over the whole application.

Note: I am not Technical Support, and I don't have any information about Marketing strategy, as such, I don't think it's appropraite to answer questions about specific issues or future products etc  Lips Sealed.

For the most part I will lurk in the dark corners of the forum looking for useful bits of information and maybe helping out with the occasional generic query.

Trev

IP Logged

rod_au
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Elevation: 19 feet

Grafton, NSW, Australia, New South Wales, Australia
Grafton, NSW, Australia
New South Wales
Australia

Re: Hi from Pico
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 6:22am

Hi Trev,
Welcome to the forums  Smiley

(¯`·._.·[ 010100100110111101100100 ]·._.·´¯)
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Hi from Pico
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 8:30am

Welcome, Trev.  Glad to have you.  We are here to help you any way we can.  Good luck with the bug hunting.   Tongue

You will find all of our software discussions, good, bad and ugly, along with our tutorials and much more in the Picogroup section.

Thank you for being here.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged