Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Will Pico run on a apple mac??????? (Read 3,211 times)
Ron Mcleod
Guru Member
Picogroup

Networking is the only
way to go

Mcgraths Hill, New South Wales, Australia
Mcgraths Hill
New South Wales
Australia

Will Pico run on a apple mac???????
Sep 25th, 2010 at 11:58pm

Hi, just wondering if someone could tell me if the amazing picoscope will run on an apple macbook pro???????? if not could someone recommend a good if it exist's laptop PC eg Sony, Dell, HP or so on. thanks for your help. Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Mick
LSD Guide

I learn every day

Toronto 400ft, Ontario, Canada
Toronto 400ft
Ontario
Canada

Re: Will Pico run on a apple mac???????
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 5:00am

Ron Mcleod wrote on Sep 25th, 2010 at 11:58pm:
Hi, just wondering if someone could tell me if the amazing picoscope will run on an apple macbook pro???????? if not could someone recommend a good if it exist's laptop PC eg Sony, Dell, HP or so on. thanks for your help. Ron  Smiley

Ron

My son uses Apple and after seeing what they can do I wish the Pico could be loaded in their software, the only way is to partition the hard drive with windows but then you got a windows pc right.

I used a durabook made by MGD a local builder here in Canada it has lasted the 3 years that I put on any pc before they become obsolete in technology stand points.

Mick
mick_3342 mikejonesautoengineering  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 8:15am

Ron,

Here are a couple of threads about this:

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1264281025/2#2

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1176831755/

Some of this is dated.  I am not a mac user and so am no help with this but I understand that PicoScope must have direct access to PC hardware to function properly.

Not sure it would be worth the trouble since you can get a PC with Windows that will do the job well for a very reasonable cost.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

fisher
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Concord, California, USA
Concord
California
USA

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 8:47am

Quite reasonable...this unit is one of two I bought, the Dell 600 series -600,610.620 and 630 - that Dell sells online as refurbished units. This one is a D620. About 300 dollars with 30 day warranty. They are off-lease units. Thay come with reloaded copies of Windows, this has XP and a Dell recovery disc. Drivers are available from Dell. It has 2GB ram 80 gig hardrive, reads and writes DVDs, has 4 USB2.0 ports.
   All of this is care of E-Bay,from Dell Financial Services. You cant beat a price like that for a unit sold used with warranty from the OEM.
     I chose this because Ford supports the D600 series as one that works with IDS.

Donald Bruce Gamble  
IP Logged