Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

18 Volt !/2 Snap On Cordless Impact (Read 15,178 times)
Earl Davis
Guru Member
Picogroup

Charlotte-NC, North Carolina, USA
Charlotte-NC
North Carolina
USA

18 Volt !/2 Snap On Cordless Impact
Apr 5th, 2009 at 7:10pm

Charger, Battery, and impact driver. This is in great condition. Contact me for any questions

Earl
jeeptech608 jeeptech608  
IP Logged

Earl Davis
Guru Member
Picogroup

Charlotte-NC
North Carolina
USA

Re: 18 Volt !/2 Snap On Cordless Impact
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2009 at 7:11pm

Pictures

IMG_0085.JPG (2947 KB | )
IMG_0085.JPG

Earl
jeeptech608 jeeptech608  
IP Logged

Earl Davis
Guru Member
Picogroup

Charlotte-NC
North Carolina
USA

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2009 at 7:31pm

This is a better picture.

Earl
jeeptech608 jeeptech608  
IP Logged

Rick Hill
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 8:44am

Hi Earl

Thought I'd drop in and see whats new in the Earl's garage sale forum.
Are you changing careers or retiring?
Do you not like the electric impact or just don't use it much?
I read over in the iatn tool and equipment forum where most seem to really approve of the cordless impact.
Many years ago I had an ingersoll 110volt electric impact and it was OK for changing tires once you broke the lugs loose by hand. Since then I've never considered an electric impact to be anything I needed.
   I had a snap on cordless 3/8ths drill and it was a good drill motor.
Problem was after using it a number of years I needed to replace a couple of the battery pacs for it.
  Snap on had changed the design of the battery pacs and the charger would no longer charge the new style battery.
   Thought about upgrading the whole mess but they no longer made a 3/8ths drill only 1/2 inch. From previous experience I knew this meant even if I bought the battery pacs and charger should anything happen to the drill motor snap on would refuse to service it because of it's out of production status. They're just not the same company since the logo turned square.
  I didn't see much future in trying to do things I normally use a 1/2 inch drill motor for like run a sunnen cylinder hone with cordless tools and for less than the price of two battery pacs and a charger I could buy a new makita 3/8ths drill with extra battery pac.
   I gave the snap on unit to a friend with the one good battery pac I still had and bought the makita.
    I have an E-ignition unit I would like to sell but somehow I didn't think the pico scope forum would be the right market place for it. I could probably even be talked into selling the E-scope to go with it without much trouble.
     Probably  used the E-ignition less than a dozen times since 03. Smiley

Rick Hill

IP Logged

Earl Davis
Guru Member
Picogroup

Charlotte-NC
North Carolina
USA

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 9:44am

Thought I'd drop in and see whats new in the Earl's garage sale forum.

Hi Rick and thanks for stopping by Earl's garage sale forum( maybe Tom will change the name).

Are you changing careers or retiring?

No some of these items I no longer use and some (Picoscope) are being upgraded.

Do you not like the electric impact or just don't use it much?

The tool works great and will loosen lug nuts but the vibration from the tool is severe and I have already had surgery on one my left hand  and I was told that the vibration from air tools was a contributing factor in the damage to my hand.

I read over in the iatn tool and equipment forum where most seem to really approve of the cordless impact.

Many years ago I had an ingersoll 110volt electric impact and it was OK for changing tires once you broke the lugs loose by hand. Since then I've never considered an electric impact to be anything I needed.
  I had a snap on cordless 3/8ths drill and it was a good drill motor.
Problem was after using it a number of years I needed to replace a couple of the battery pacs for it.
 Snap on had changed the design of the battery pacs and the charger would no longer charge the new style battery.
  Thought about upgrading the whole mess but they no longer made a 3/8ths drill only 1/2 inch. From previous experience I knew this meant even if I bought the battery pacs and charger should anything happen to the drill motor snap on would refuse to service it because of it's out of production status. They're just not the same company since the logo turned square.

I like the makita drill as well.

I didn't see much future in trying to do things I normally use a 1/2 inch drill motor for like run a sunnen cylinder hone with cordless tools and for less than the price of two battery pacs and a charger I could buy a new makita 3/8ths drill with extra battery pac.
  I gave the snap on unit to a friend with the one good battery pac I still had and bought the makita.
   I have an E-ignition unit I would like to sell but somehow I didn't think the pico scope forum would be the right market place for it. I could probably even be talked into selling the E-scope to go with it without much trouble.
    Probably  used the E-ignition less than a dozen times since 03.

I take it you are not very fond of the E-scope.

Thanks for stopping by Earl's garage sale forum

Earl

Earl
jeeptech608 jeeptech608  
IP Logged

Rick Hill
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Deceased

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 11:04am

I like the e-scope but if someone wanted the E-ignition and needed an e-scope to run it with I would sell it.
  The E-scope is needed to run the e-ignition with
It is good for monitoring up to 8 circuits and it will stream data in the deep record mode but it only retains the last 10-20 seconds of data.
    The signal generator and timing controls are handy for altering signals when testing.
   The E-ignition works well but is time consuming to connect.
You have to have direct access to the secondary in order to tap into it with a parallel HT lead. There are also quite a few vehicles you just cant directly access the secondary and still have a running vehicle ie upper plenum removal etc. Smiley

Rick Hill

IP Logged

Sam1
Super Nerd

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 1:22pm

Earl

Have you found the battery operated 1/2 gun useful enough to replace the air operated type?

Sam1  
IP Logged

Earl Davis
Guru Member
Picogroup

Charlotte-NC
North Carolina
USA

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2009 at 3:54pm

Sam1 wrote on Apr 14th, 2009 at 1:22pm:
Earl

Have you found the battery operated 1/2 gun useful enough to replace the air operated type?

Hi Sam,

In my opinion there are to many times when I get two or three wheels loose and then the battery does not have enough to loosen the forth and I have to get the air out anyway.

Also the cordless is big and bulky so hard to get in tight spaces.

If the battery is fully charged it will go for awhile but sooner or later you get in the middle of something and have to get the air out.

I have found alot of useful situations and this is my second 1/2 cordless impact however it will not replace the air type.

Earl

Earl
jeeptech608 jeeptech608  
IP Logged

Alistair Gilmour
Freshman Member
Picogroup

DUNEDIN, NEW ZEALAND, New Zealand
DUNEDIN, NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand

Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2009 at 3:21am

Hi Earl,
Is the Impact gun still available, how many batteries, what price?
Regards
Alistair G

IP Logged

Earl Davis
Guru Member
Picogroup

Charlotte-NC
North Carolina
USA

Reply #9 - Aug 17th, 2009 at 5:12am

Alistair Gilmour wrote on Aug 17th, 2009 at 3:21am:
Hi Earl,
Is the Impact gun still available, how many batteries, what price?
Regards
Alistair G

No, the Snap-on impact is no longer available. I have a 3/8 impact 9.6 Makita and a 12 volt 1/2 impact  Makita. The 12 volt I have no batteries for and the 9.6 volt I have two batteries. Also a charger that will charge Makita 7.2, 9.6, 12, and 14.4 volt batteries.

Thanks
Earl

Earl
jeeptech608 jeeptech608  
IP Logged