Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

New to this community. (Read 3,200 times)
Rafael Alvarado
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Dalton, Ga, Georgia, USA
Dalton, Ga
Georgia
USA

New to this community.
Jun 27th, 2007 at 9:34pm

Hi, just wanted to let you guys know, that I feel fortunate to interact with highly motivated and proffesional techs as each and one of you. I was a mechanic for US Army for 12 Years. Currently run a automotive shop in Ga, along with two other techs also from the same unit. Wanna thank Tom for answering questions regarding Pico Scope and pressure transducers. Hope to be able to contribute to the forums and learn in the process.  Smiley

IP Logged

Sleuth
Ex Member

Re: New to this community.
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 5:51am

Welcome Chase,
Good to have your expertise on board. I have a couple of friends down around Atlanta that are into euro cars, they got lots of "toy`s" to play with and generally will help in your conversion to the civilian side of the service industry with regards to equipment and training. Feel free to jump in and put up some problems and teach us a thing or two. A bunch of transducer experts on here, i`m still a little scared of them myself...makes my head hurt to follow along..
You Guys own the shop, whats your specialties?
Have a Great Day!

Dave

IP Logged

Rafael Alvarado
Super Nerd
Picogroup

Dalton, Ga, Georgia, USA
Dalton, Ga
Georgia
USA

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 10:00am

We specialize in imports driveability & transmission repairs but work on most anything that comes to the shop. Currently have a couple of ASE certifications along with former licences.

IP Logged

Sleuth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 11:12am

Hey Chase,
What scan tools you use? I have a couple for varied makes, euro tools are expensive as you well know.You do programming? The best scanner I have ever owned is the Mastertech, at one time I though it was junk, but found out it was a OEM problem, its one great tool.Pico is my latest, it is proving to be challenging to do some stuff, but it is great also. The reason I ask about programming is to find out what you are using, the new J- format tools, like actia or mongoose?
I took 6 of the ASE tests at the same time, back in the day, passed them all.. , figured if I could do that well, had to be something wrong, I`m not that smart  Huh( think about it, who in there right mind would take 6 tests at the same time and be the first to leave the class) Wish you the best in your new adventures.
Regards,
Dave

IP Logged