Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

New to the forum and site (Read 1,504 times)
Gregory Paolini
Freshman Member

New to the forum and site
Feb 6th, 2007 at 5:42am

Just wanted to give a quick hello.  My name is Gregory Paolini.  I'm a 17 year veteran tech at a multi-line GM dealer in Asheville, NC, and there have attained GM World Class Master Technician status - Which that and five bucks will get me a guinnes down at the bar.

Anyway, I've used an older tektronix scope for years, and have recently cut the cord and bought a snappy vantage pro.  I like the tektronix better, but cordless is so conveinient that I find myself using my VP many times throughout the day, where as the old analog only got dragged out on occasion as a last resort.

I mainly use my scope(s) for Ignition testing, verifying basic waveforms, relative compression, cranking vaccuum (thru the MAP), and occasionally with a low amp probe for current ramps on coils and injectors, as well as patterns on fuel pumps and the like.

I'm hoping to learn new applications for my scopes and/or things I've never thought of using it for.

Unrelated to automotive, I'm also a furniture/cabinet maker who has been featured in numerous magazines, books, and newspapers....  Actually, I'm not sure why I'm still involved with cars - Perhaps I'm a closet saddist? Wink

Anyway, that's me

Regards,

Gregory Paolini

IP Logged