Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Allow me to introduce myself (Read 1,619 times)
Peter F Meier
Freshman Member

Never to old to learn...

Allow me to introduce myself
Oct 26th, 2006 at 7:36pm

Hello all!
My name is Pete Meier, and I am a 30+ year veteran in the auto biz.  I am an ASE Master with L1 and work for CarMax in Tampa, FL.  I enjoy the challenge of electrical and driveability diagnostics, and look forward to learning from all of you.  Tom has been instrumental in my becoming a scope "junkie" and has taught me a lot.  I am saving the pennies to add the Pico to my arsenal...right now, I make due with a UEI ADL7100.

I am a sponsoring member of IATN and have been involved with them for several years.  Some of my work in the past was not highly technical, so I got less involved with keeping up.  About a year and a half ago, I was preparing for our company's "skills" competition, and the tech "geek" virus bloomed again.  While preparing, I had an issue with a Toyota EVAP code that really irritated me...our service info was limited, and the diagnostic aids were unclear..so I did some research on my own and wrote it up with the intention of keeping it in my toolbox for later reference.  For giggles, I submitted it to the trade magazines and ended up having it published.  Since then, I have become a regular contributor to MotorAge and get to do 2 things I really love...learn about how to do my job more effectively, and write about it.  (Feel free to comment on my work...I really want what I write to be helpful to the average tech and your input is appreciated.)

I'm the first to admit I still have a lot to learn...that's why I'm here.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to help some of you.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged