Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Upgraded Forums (Read 3,827 times)
Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Upgraded Forums
Sep 13th, 2006 at 2:46pm

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the new Autonerdz Community Forums.  We have upgraded the forums to a totally new board.  We did this mostly to solve a problem we were having with spam bot registrations.  This new YaBB forum upgrade solves that problem as well as adding a lot of new features and capabilities.  We have converted the content from the old forums and tried to tag everyone for access to the restricted areas that should be.  Please let me know if you have any problems with the forums or run a across any goofy stuff.  Nothings is perfect...especially me   Shocked

This would be a good time to check your profile and update it to make sure it is correct.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2006 at 5:48pm by Tom Roberts »  

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Mick
LSD Guide

I learn every day

Toronto 400ft, Ontario, Canada
Toronto 400ft
Ontario
Canada

Re: Upgraded Forums
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 6:45pm

Hi Tom

When I come to the site the pages seem to jump up and down It is very difficult to read, is this just my computer? This problem only happens on this site.

Mick
mick_3342 mikejonesautoengineering  
IP Logged

mdog
Picogroup

Woof! Woof!

Everett, WA, Washington, USA
Everett, WA
Washington
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 7:56pm

It will jump on my laptop, because the screen resolution is only 800 x 600.  I can't get it any more than that on my laptop.  It works okay on my desktop, because I run my screen resolution on the desktop at 1024 x 768. If you can increase you screen resolution to 1024 x768 or more, it will probably quit jumping. It's the news ticker in the header that is making it jump on the lower resolutions.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 11:13pm

mdog is correct.  We could turn off the news ticker but it's kinda useful.  We targeted 1024x768 screen resolution for this site.  Let me know, Mick, if you can't go higher than 800x600 and I may be able to make some adjustments to stop the jumping at that resolution.  You may have difficulty with some images here though also unless you can go to a higher res..

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged