Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Merge/Composite screen Functionality (Read 6,923 times)
Andy
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Kerikeri, New Zealand
Kerikeri
New Zealand

Merge/Composite screen Functionality
Feb 20th, 2006 at 5:04am

I'm one of those who prefers to hide in the background, and have been doing so for ages!

I am quite happy with the merge function but would like to get further functionality from it.  My scenario is this:

If I have two files of say secondary ignition with 2 or 3 events per wave form, and want to compare the 2nd event on one waveform with the first event on the other waveform,  once the files are merged, I would like to time shift one waveform relative to the other.

Is this possible within the software?

Thanks

Andy

IP Logged

jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado, Colorado, USA
Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

Re: Merge/Composite screen Functionality
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2006 at 6:25am

Composite funcitons are somewhat dependant on what scope you have the newer usb currently need to be connected to do composite views.

There are several composite view options if you zoom and use the original view you can move the waveforms around and it will display them moved on the composite view.  This is with the 212 series but I suspect similar can be done with the usb scopes

IP Logged

Andy
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Kerikeri, New Zealand
Kerikeri
New Zealand

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2006 at 1:03am

Many thanks for the help Smiley

I hadn't worked out that the composite view was 'live' and that changing the original views could change the composite. 

I have a scope in the 212 range, so it works just as you described. Grin

Your comments raise a further question.  I am about to purchase a further scope, which of course will be of the Pico variety.  If I get a usb unit, which makes sense in most respects, would I be able to do the same (i.e. create a composite of 2 saved waveforms) so long as I have the scope connected?

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2006 at 7:45am

Hi Andy,

Yes, you can merge and composite the same as the 212.  The current 5.13.07 will merge and composite 3000 series files without the hardware attached.

We have a four channel upgrade option, when you are ready to upgrade.  This option includes the Autonerdz support system which would be $350 per year, if purchased separately.

Details at the bottom of the page here:

http://www.autonerdz.com/picoquad.htm
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2006 at 8:51am by Tom Roberts »  

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Andy
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Kerikeri, New Zealand
Kerikeri
New Zealand

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2006 at 9:25am

Jarvissamuel,  thanks for the info, I'm well on the way to getting what I want.  I seem to be only able to scroll any particular waveform by an integral number of screen divisions.  Is this a software limitation or is it possible to scroll the X-axis by fractions of a division?

Tom, Thanks for the info on the usb scope.  I'm looking forwards to getting a new scope Grin

IP Logged

jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2006 at 3:21pm

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking but  there is only ten divisions on the horizontal axis.  It is possible to have more than one screen saved but it requires a save on trigger session

IP Logged

Andy
Freshman Member
Picogroup

Kerikeri, New Zealand
Kerikeri
New Zealand

Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 1:08am

I would love explain things clearly like many of you lot do Wink I'll try again:

I have created a composite of two zoomed waveforms, and wish to align one event on the first waveform with another event at a later time on the second waveform.  This requires scrolling the x-axis (time) on window two to align the events. 

The problem I have is with this scrolling, in that I am only able to scroll the time by one time division, whatever that might be, which is dependent on the zoom factor.  If this is correct, I cannot exactly align the start of the event on both waveforms as they will never be fortunate enough to be at an integral number of time divisions apart.

IP Logged

jarvissamuel
Super Nerd
Picogroup

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Denver Colorado
Colorado
USA

Reply #7 - Mar 2nd, 2006 at 6:10am

OK still not exactly sure but is the zoom you are using on the top of the screen after the composite is created are you using the use original view feature and zooming on each individual file?

The zoom on the top of the screen is usually displayed as soon as a composite is created it will usually automaticly display the waveforms usually in an overlay view

If you minimize each screen on a 2 file merge view there should be 3 screens the 2 files and the composite view.  When the use original view is used any changes made in the original files will be displayed in the composite view.

composite views can also be saved so if were still not on the right track maybe we could look at the psd or you could do a screen shot and upload it.

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 2:52pm

Just an announcement on this subject: 

Enough of the composite view display issues were resolved to enable me to make that long awaited tutorial movie on Composite Viewing.

It is now available, to group members, in the Tutorial Library section of the PicoScope Users Area.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged