Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

can bus (Read 5,140 times)
john.

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

can bus
Sep 5th, 2005 at 12:56am

im new to this site..which is excellent!! just boughrt pico 3000 series scope..again excellent..ehm just wondering..as can- bus protocol is the future of  diagnostics how can we check can bus and is the information available and from whom? i use bosch equipment which covers can nodes but im unsure about checking procedures cannot find any info!!but in sure your man tom will help.... Grin

utooflyer  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: can bus
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 7:50am

I moved this from News because it fits better here  Smiley

If you are an iATN member, you will find an excellent Powerpoint presentation by Paul Baltusis on vehicle networks and multiplexing here:

http://members.iatn.net/tech/ford/

You will also find a section on CAN in your PicoScope reference library.

With the scope you can observe the signals to see if they are there and of the proper amplitude etc.  You will not be able to get the information they contain without a suitable scanner.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

john.

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: can bus
Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 11:12pm

thanks for your reply tom..i am awiating membership to iATN which i found through your site so thanks for that as well Smiley.
i am sure i am going to find lots of help and info on here  Smiley thanks again  Grin Wink

utooflyer  
IP Logged