Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

New member checking in (Read 1,284 times)
Yota MDT
Freshman Member
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Auburn California, California, USA
Auburn California
California
USA

New member checking in
Oct 6th, 2021 at 9:43pm

Hello my name is Steve and I am a Toyota Master Diagnostic Tech. Been with Toyota for about 15 years. Owned a couple of independent shops before that. I have hybrid and e.v. certifications and both Cali. smog licenses.I started with the good old Snappy brick in the 90's then got a solus pro. Went to work for Toyota in 2007 and we have the Toughbook based Techstream so hadn't invested in a newer scanner until recently. Had some time off with a bicep injury and started following some diagnostic bad asses on you tube and realized how much I didn't know! so I started adding to my arsenal. Ended up buying a Autel Ultra with 4 channel scope. Great tool for certain things but crappy scope! I also ended up getting a Verus Pro with all software up to 2021 for about two grand off ebay. Awesome tool, Decent scope for most things. Now I finally pulled the trigger on the 4425A Master diag kit! Probably wont get it for about another month due to back order but that's ok will give me time to set up my cart. also got the scope boom from you guys. I was dealing with another company for diag tools who also has the same kit but once I found you guys while looking for a scope boom for the cart there was no question when it comes to Pico you guys were the last word! Very happy to be part of your community! Thank you. "If your the smartest guy in the room, You are in the wrong room" Can't wait to learn from you guys!

IP Logged

Grant Baker
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Rockford, IL, Illinois, USA
Rockford, IL
Illinois
USA

Re: New member checking in
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2021 at 8:31am

Welcome Steve. I work for a Lexus dealer in IL that shares a parts dept with Toyota, separate service drives and new car showrooms.  Tuesday I was helping one of the Toyota techs get a waveform off a PHEV 2015 Prius.

“Those nerds are a threat to our way of life.” – Stan Gable

IP Logged