Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Greetings from Zambia (Read 1,742 times)
Darren Fraser
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Ndola, Zambia
Ndola
Zambia

Greetings from Zambia
Oct 25th, 2020 at 10:26pm

G'Day all.

I'm an autoelectrician by trade since 1983, served most of my time on heavy duty earthmoving equipment on open cast mines, dump trucks, face shovels, graders, bull dozers and cranes.

I did a short stint on EFI work back in 2005 with a Carman VG scan tool with a built in four channel oscilloscope, but it didn't last too long because I was self employed and could afford the pile up of vehicles whilst going through the learning curve!  Grin

Has to pay the bills so I stuck with what I was good at, earthmoving equipment.

Anyway I left the mining sector in 2012 and did a self funded eight year missionary stint in a soil regeneration project for rural Zambians in the hopes of raising an awareness on de-forestation in Zambia and its effect on the climate.

I joined www.mechanicsforafrica.com in January 2020 and was thrown in the deep end again with EFI work on light vehicles and really loving it. We have an old ADC212 Pico and were upgrading to on of the lasted four channel Picos and the Pico pressure kit (can't wait!!!) the limitations are really frustrating me!

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell, I'm hoping to raise the bar in our commercial workshop to world class standards and look forward to contributing to this site.

I'm also a subscriber to Iatn, Picoauto, Scannerdanner, and Schrodingers Box. I really enjoy Paul Danners approach and his sense of humor and I love Matts engineering outlook on Schrodingers Box. No body gets it right all the time but I really enjoy the way these two guys put themselves accross in a way that I can personally relate to.

Tom Roberts? We met many years ago when I was a struggling independent back in 2005, you were very helpful in my endeavors to try and afford a Picoscope and I am so grateful to FINALLY have the opportunity "to get into it". I have the utmost respect for your knowledge in this field and I considered my self privileged to be a part of Autonerdz (again Smiley), thank you for the addition.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

StitchB
Super Nerd
Picogroup

lake stevens, Washington, USA
lake stevens
Washington
USA

Re: Greetings from Zambia
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2020 at 4:18am

Darren

Think you will enjoy it.

Larry

IP Logged

Rob Walker
Freshman Member
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
Canada

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2020 at 8:17pm

Glad you are here,Darren. You'll know me from iATN.

Rob Walker

IP Logged

Grant Baker
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Rockford, IL, Illinois, USA
Rockford, IL
Illinois
USA

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 8:57pm

Welcome Darren.