Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Nicholson Pulse Sensor (Read 21,096 times)
jpilgrim
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

shreveport, Louisiana, USA
shreveport
Louisiana
USA

Re: Nicholson Pulse Sensor
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2022 at 5:42pm

I know I’m a little late seeing this but not wanting to step on their toes? I’d say that they already stomped on your feet. They ghosted you, put you in a bad spot with customers, and have never responded. Sell the Nicholson sensor, let  someone who actually cares about their product make some money, and have something to offer your customers.

IP Logged

Logic
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Bentleigh, Victoria, Australia
Bentleigh
Victoria
Australia

Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2022 at 9:04pm

Tom Roberts wrote on Feb 27th, 2020 at 11:56am:
BAZ71 wrote on Feb 27th, 2020 at 11:15am:
It is a shame to not have an option for absolute pressure testing available from your site anymore. Are ya'll planning on selling either of these options or some other variant in the near future?

It is a sad thing.  But no.  No plans currently to get into offering any of these.  Unfortunate that Senx dropped the ball or we would still be offering the FLS...

Tom.......now there is something to make in retirement.........

I think Trevor has a slightly used plastic printer for sale

WWW WWW iancrane01  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #17 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 7:36am

jpilgrim wrote on Jan 25th, 2022 at 5:42pm:
Sell the Nicholson sensor, let  someone who actually cares about their product make some money, and have something to offer your customers.

I hear you.  Not my call anymore but there were also patent issues that I did not want to get involved with.  The Senx behavior is still a complete mystery.  We were good customers of theirs for decades.  They are still selling them to other vendors.  Still bothers me that I don't know why this happened.  I can conjure up some conspiracy theories though...   Roll Eyes

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Logic
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Bentleigh
Victoria
Australia

Reply #18 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 10:35am

Tom Roberts wrote on Jan 26th, 2022 at 7:36am:
jpilgrim wrote on Jan 25th, 2022 at 5:42pm:
Sell the Nicholson sensor, let  someone who actually cares about their product make some money, and have something to offer your customers.

I hear you.  Not my call anymore but there were also patent issues that I did not want to get involved with.  The Senx behavior is still a complete mystery.  We were good customers of theirs for decades.  They are still selling them to other vendors.  Still bothers me that I don't know why this happened.  I can conjure up some conspiracy theories though...   Roll Eyes

Tom, Surely that patent has now expired, n ot that it should have had a patent on it anyway given its principle

WWW WWW iancrane01  
IP Logged

TrevorSchlientz
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Grand Rapids
Michigan
USA

Reply #19 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 12:51pm

Logic wrote on Jan 26th, 2022 at 10:35am:
Tom, Surely that patent has now expired

It seems like you could be right Logic. https://patents.google.com/patent/US6609416

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Logic
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Bentleigh
Victoria
Australia

Reply #20 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 9:22pm

TrevorSchlientz wrote on Jan 26th, 2022 at 12:51pm:

It seems like you could be right Logic. https://patents.google.com/patent/US6609416

"
Trevor, There is an old adage:  "Never put your mouth in gear until you start your brain"

I know that as a loyal subject of Autonerdz that I would not fail to start the brain.

Now lets look at Trade Marks....

That is another thing.... a trademark however needs to be maintained, but for long as it is maintained you have trademark protection.

Thus you cannot protect the idea of innovation forever or perpetually but you can given renewal protect what you call it.

But we already have a name that we can trademark dont we...."Brandon Look Sensor"  "BLS"

What about "NBS"........"No bullshit Sensor"

Smiley

Smiley

WWW WWW iancrane01  
IP Logged

TrevorSchlientz
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Grand Rapids
Michigan
USA

Reply #21 - Jan 27th, 2022 at 5:46am

Logic wrote on Jan 26th, 2022 at 9:22pm:
TrevorSchlientz wrote on Jan 26th, 2022 at 12:51pm:

"
Trevor, There is an old adage:  "Never put your mouth in gear until you start your brain"

I know that as a loyal subject of Autonerdz that I would not fail to start the brain.

Now lets look at Trade Marks....

That is another thing.... a trademark however needs to be maintained, but for long as it is maintained you have trademark protection.

Thus you cannot protect the idea of innovation forever or perpetually but you can given renewal protect what you call it.

But we already have a name that we can trademark dont we...."Brandon Look Sensor"  "BLS"

What about "NBS"........"No bullshit Sensor"

Smiley

Smiley

Logic, you confuse me.

Regardless, the trademarks and patents are live. I have no idea how certain entities are able to produce the equipment they do without being litigated. The market is flooded with knockoffs and copycats. I don't think this is an accessory I want to be involved in.

Interestingly enough SenX still lists us as a distributor but refuses to return the calls I made in 2020/21.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

JÜJA
Picogroup

San Cristòbal de las Casas, Ch, Mexico
San Cristòbal de las Casas, Ch
Mexico

Reply #22 - Jan 27th, 2022 at 9:14am

TrevorSchlientz wrote on Jan 27th, 2022 at 5:46am:
I have no idea how certain entities are able to produce the equipment they do without being litigated.

Various reasons come to mind, all leading to absence of prosecution.  Some of these reasons being the inpossibility to enforce rules/law in foreign places, lack of public interest/lack of manpower to enforce the law, economic interests/corruption, cultural differences and so on.

While the last decades have been characterized by reproaches to "the Chinese" to infringe copyrights in a mayor scale almost on anything little is known about that, from a different point of view, it's seen almost as a veneration: a really good thing is worth copying it. This has been done through centuries.

IP Logged

BMW Scott
Super Nerd
Picogroup

High Point, NC, North Carolina, USA
High Point, NC
North Carolina
USA

Reply #23 - Mar 29th, 2022 at 3:09am

Does anyone know where you can still get the Nicholson sensor?  I am having trouble finding them at all.

Scott J Hicks

IP Logged

TrevorSchlientz
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Grand Rapids
Michigan
USA

Reply #24 - Mar 29th, 2022 at 4:18am

BMW Scott wrote on Mar 29th, 2022 at 3:09am:
Does anyone know where you can still get the Nicholson sensor?  I am having trouble finding them at all.

Fairly certain you can't get a Nicholson anymore.

If you read this thread thoroughly I am sure you will understand why.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

BMW Scott
Super Nerd
Picogroup

High Point, NC, North Carolina, USA
High Point, NC
North Carolina
USA

Reply #25 - Mar 30th, 2022 at 1:43am

TrevorSchlientz wrote on Mar 29th, 2022 at 4:18am:
BMW Scott wrote on Mar 29th, 2022 at 3:09am:

Fairly certain you can't get a Nicholson anymore.

If you read this thread thoroughly I am sure you will understand why.

I was afraid of that.  I just cannot get myself to spend the money on a first look when we have the BLS and others our there have them at a fraction of the cost.  Thanks for the response.

Scott J Hicks

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2