Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hey everyone (Read 4,031 times)
TevoertAuto
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Hey everyone
Jun 19th, 2018 at 7:37am

Just got signed up here. I look forward to learning a lot. I have a scope but unfortunately it is not a Pico. I hope to get one soon but right now it is not in the budget. I found this site while in search of a known good CMP and CKP waveform for a 2004 Chevy 2500hd 6.0. Can someone tell me what it takes to access the waveform thread or perhaps someone just has the reference I need. Either way I love having a scope and look forward to having a place I can get my questions answered. It was just me and any article I could find on the internet before.

Have a great day!

IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: Hey everyone
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 7:57am

Welcome.  Enjoy the forums.   Wink

TevoertAuto wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 7:37am:
Can someone tell me what it takes to access the waveform thread

The boards below in the Picogroup area are one of the many resources included with our Picogroup subscription.  A free subscription is included with any of our custom PicoScope kits but is also available by annual subscription.

http://www.autonerdz.com/support.html

What scope are you using now?  Might be helpful to post up what you have captured in the technical discussion board.

Tips on posting waveforms here:

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1330357236

And searching the boards:

http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1331151830

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

TevoertAuto
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 8:20am

Quote:
What scope are you using now?  Might be helpful to post up what you have captured in the technical discussion board.

We have an Autel Maxisys scanner so I got the boss to get the MaxiScope Autel has available. It works pretty decent but the software I can tell now is a very basic clone of Picos. Although its pretty basic, I have successfully diagnosed alternator and timing failures accurately with it. I would love to get the real deal PicoScope and absolutely plan to but we are small shop so for now I gotta use what I got.

Quote:

Thank you for the help and I will check those out!

IP Logged

Logic
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Bentleigh, Victoria, Australia
Bentleigh
Victoria
Australia

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 2:40pm

TevoertAuto wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 8:20am:
Quote:

We have an Autel Maxisys scanner so I got the boss to get the MaxiScope Autel has available. It works pretty decent but the software I can tell now is a very basic clone of Picos. Although its pretty basic, I have successfully diagnosed alternator and timing failures accurately with it. I would love to get the real deal PicoScope and absolutely plan to but we are small shop so for now I gotta use what I got.

Quote:

Impressive

https://www.iatn.net/forums/8/173517/autel-maxiscope-review

WWW WWW iancrane01  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 5:24pm

I got the boss to get the MaxiScope Autel has available.

My condolences.  Call me sometime and I can tell you the story behind that scope and how it came to be.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged

Spence
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Jeffersonville, Pennsylvania, USA
Jeffersonville
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 6:48pm

Logic wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 2:40pm:
Quote:

Quote:

Impressive

https://www.iatn.net/forums/8/173517/autel-maxiscope-review

OUCH!

N.B.S.   Dilly Dilly!  FJB
WWW WWW spencedecordre  
IP Logged

TevoertAuto
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 6:05am

I have actually come across that article before, certainly after I got the scope. The android software is pretty frustrating to use so I went to Autels site to get the PC version and found it wasn't listed so I sent an email to support asking what the deal was. To my surprise I got an email back that day stating that there were issues with the PC software that had to be fixed and so they pulled the file from the site and would be putting it back on once it was fixed. I went back to the site about a week later, the file was there and is way better then trying to scope with the android OS Autel scanner. I think a lot of the cons in that article have since been corrected. Don't get me wrong, I am no MaxiScope shill. I'm just saying it seems to have improved some aside from missing many software features.

IP Logged

TevoertAuto
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 6:06am

Tom Roberts wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 5:24pm:

My condolences.  Call me sometime and I can tell you the story behind that scope and how it came to be.

My curiosity compels me to take you up on that hah

IP Logged

TevoertAuto
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 6:18am

TevoertAuto wrote on Jun 20th, 2018 at 6:05am:

I have actually come across that article before, certainly after I got the scope. The android software is pretty frustrating to use so I went to Autels site to get the PC version and found it wasn't listed so I sent an email to support asking what the deal was. To my surprise I got an email back that day stating that there were issues with the PC software that had to be fixed and so they pulled the file from the site and would be putting it back on once it was fixed. I went back to the site about a week later, the file was there and is way better then trying to scope with the android OS Autel scanner. I think a lot of the cons in that article have since been corrected. Don't get me wrong, I am no MaxiScope shill. I'm just saying it seems to have improved some aside from missing many software features.

I just checked for more updates to the software and there was an even newer version compared to what I got maybe a month ago. At first glance I see they added LowPass Filtering. I will report back if I find any more additions or functionality improvements.

IP Logged

Spence
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Jeffersonville, Pennsylvania, USA
Jeffersonville
Pennsylvania
USA

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 6:28am

TevoertAuto wrote on Jun 20th, 2018 at 6:06am:
Tom Roberts wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 5:24pm:

My curiosity compels me to take you up on that hah

It would be worth the time to make that call.

N.B.S.   Dilly Dilly!  FJB
WWW WWW spencedecordre  
IP Logged