Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

renault scenic 2002 issues (Read 6,434 times)
bangshout
Freshman Member

south yorkshire, United Kingdom
south yorkshire
United Kingdom

renault scenic 2002 issues
Apr 9th, 2015 at 1:16pm

I have a few on  going issues with my  sisters  renault scenic  over fuel trims  and  monitors,High short term fuel trims positive  and  non continuous  monitors  not complete  for  catalyst  and  oxygen sensor
Im presuming these non complete monitors  are  linked  to my replacing  both the o2  sensors,could  it explain the crazy fuel trim figures?

nnnnnnn.JPG (104 KB | 495 )
nnnnnnn.JPG

IP Logged

Abndanger
LSD Guide
Picogroup

Grand Rapids, Mi, Michigan, USA
Grand Rapids, Mi
Michigan
USA

Re: renault scenic 2002 issues
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 4:48pm

Bang, try to do a KAM reset or disconnect the battery and touch the leads together and see if it will force the fuel trims to relearn. Make sure you drive it and do some partial & WOT shots Smiley

IP Logged

bangshout
Freshman Member

south yorkshire, United Kingdom
south yorkshire
United Kingdom

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:36am

Abndanger wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 4:48pm:
Bang, try to do a KAM reset or disconnect the battery and touch the leads together and see if it will force the fuel trims to relearn. Make sure you drive it and do some partial & WOT shots Smiley

Cheers  for that Ive carried out the reset  with the  battery  disconnected and the  engine does seem to be  running a lot better,not  checked the fuel  trims  after that as of yet  but  Ill  get somebody to drive it  while I do.
The other point I failed to mention is  their are trouble codes  logged  but there is no  engine management light illuminated and no freeze frame data for the codes.The codes are  po136 and po5o5.

IP Logged

StitchB
Super Nerd
Picogroup

lake stevens, Washington, USA
lake stevens
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 5:13am

Abndanger wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 4:48pm:
Bang, try to do a KAM reset or disconnect the battery and touch the leads together and see if it will force the fuel trims to relearn. Make sure you drive it and do some partial & WOT shots

Abandondanger,

find this interesting, always good to read as I know on VW and missed by a lot of very good Techs is the Throttle body relearn.  I have fixed cars that have been to multiple shops over several years and the owner is @ their witts end. Techs I feel the  are far superior to me in the vain of work history but don't know about this and how critical it is on VW in particular.

StitchB

IP Logged