Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Ford ABS Questions (Read 21,632 times)
StitchB
Super Nerd
Picogroup

lake stevens, Washington, USA
lake stevens
Washington
USA

Re: Ford ABS Questions
Reply #15 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 4:20am

Extractor, stumbled on your thread and all respondents very good @ what they do.  The VSS signal in this case will have to be validated by Karlw but is not a square wave!, and I'm not sure it's nomenclature so don't know the definition, actually I have never seen it before so we are both learning something.

Also I own a Pico but a much cheaper investment for the casual user such as you might be is a Uscope by AES WAVE and I think another called a Nano scope. The U can be had for about 129.00 and you will find it very valuable for validating many signals such as Cam or Crank or in your case ABS. You only have one channel but in many cases we are just looking to see if one circuit is actually alive.

There is an outfit here out of Idaho that specializes in rebuilding ABS modules I know they do a ton of them for VW and has a stellar success record, if you PM me I could get it for you.  The VW redoes are about 175.00. Again there is a bunch of re- builders that your money is down a rat hole.

Stitch

IP Logged

StitchB
Super Nerd
Picogroup

lake stevens, Washington, USA
lake stevens
Washington
USA

Reply #16 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 4:26am

Extractor, here is a square wave example take from a heated motorcycle grip controller.  This is a classic square wave and the tool pictured is the u-scope I mentioned, hope is helpful.

StitchB

20150411_205144.jpg (1228 KB | 493 )
20150411_205144.jpg

IP Logged

The Extractor
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Western Co, Colorado, USA
Western Co
Colorado
USA

Reply #17 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:02am

Hello again everyone. I wanted to stop back in and say thanks for all your help and time.  Also to tell you Im a dummy. Roll Eyes
I replaced the rear axle and the sensor was simply 1/8" too far from the tone ring, made me a bit Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2