Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Ford CMP vs. CKP synchronization (Read 154,952 times)
TrevorSchlientz
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Grand Rapids
Michigan
USA

Re: Ford CMP vs. CKP synchronization
Reply #30 - Apr 1st, 2022 at 5:46am

Wagonman88 wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 6:36pm:
Tom Roberts wrote on Feb 21st, 2004 at 4:43pm:

[img]

The above is typical six cylinder sync.  It's more difficult to be exact here, but we have some tolerance.

What is considered a "typical six cylinder"? 3.8/4.0? Which years specifically?

I am working on a bit of a mutt myself...

Jeremy

The engines this tread is referring to are the V6s before DOHC with VCT/VVT. It applies to 3.0 3.8 4.0 and 4.2 engines for sure.

If you're dealing with a specific issue you should consider posting in the General Technical Discussion thread (https://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=tech)

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Wagonman88
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Binghamton, New York, USA
Binghamton
New York
USA

Reply #31 - Aug 28th, 2022 at 11:04am

TrevorSchlientz wrote on Apr 1st, 2022 at 5:46am:
Wagonman88 wrote on Mar 31st, 2022 at 6:36pm:
Tom Roberts wrote on Feb 21st, 2004 at 4:43pm:

[img]

The above is typical six cylinder sync.  It's more difficult to be exact here, but we have some tolerance.

What is considered a "typical six cylinder"? 3.8/4.0? Which years specifically?

I am working on a bit of a mutt myself...

Jeremy

The engines this tread is referring to are the V6s before DOHC with VCT/VVT. It applies to 3.0 3.8 4.0 and 4.2 engines for sure.

If you're dealing with a specific issue you should consider posting in the General Technical Discussion thread (https://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=tech)

I am dealing with a DOHC without VCT/VVT so I assume this would still apply...

What I am officially dealing with is a Mazda KL 2.5 V6 that adopted a Ford EEC in about 1999 for a few years, however no one has written code on the Quarterhorse side for this particular version of the EEC. My thought is to grab a 4.0 OHC EEC and utilize it on this engine as the codes have been written for a few of them.

What I'm trying to sort is mainly the CKP pickup. I have yet to verify any offsets or otherwise. What I do know is that it utilizes a 26-1 CKP trigger and a single pin CMP. Both sensors are 3 wire, unsure if VR or hall effect however...

I do NOT have the vehicle running currently to check the signals with the stock EEC.

Jeremy

IP Logged

Wagonman88
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Binghamton, New York, USA
Binghamton
New York
USA

Reply #32 - Sep 23rd, 2022 at 4:11pm

To correct a typo above, I meant to say I'm trying to sort out a CMP pickup, not CKP. CKP is the same as most of the Ford EDIS setups.

Jeremy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3