Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

What is PicoScope 4444...?! (Read 2,168 times)
sammys79
Freshman Member
Picogroup

CHAMPAIGN, Illinois, USA
CHAMPAIGN
Illinois
USA

What is PicoScope 4444...?!
Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:37pm

A colleague/acquaintance of mine informed me of his purchase of a PicoScope 4444.

https://www.picotech.com/oscilloscope/4444/picoscope-4444-overview

According to him (!) this is a very sophisticated and capable scope and they way he lists its capability, it is so versatile that I got the impression it even can detect the causes of acne and male pattern baldness...!

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this, and knows if this runs on a PicoScope-6 software, and whether this is even suitable for automotive applications?

Thank you for your response.

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Tom Roberts
Autonerdz Administrator
Picogroup

Autonerdz Founder

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Re: What is PicoScope 4444...?!
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:33am

Hi Sammy,

I have no experience with this unit.  Looks very capable though.  As a test and measurement scope, it would not work with the automotive software. 

But any scope can be used for automotive and you can use the test and measurement PicoScope version and adapt it for automotive.

The automotive 4425 can do similar things as far as DC differential measurements.  The CAN example comes to mind.  The 4425 floating inputs allow a 30v DC difference between channel grounds.  This allows differential measurements of CAN, voltage drops, etc...

The specialized accessories for the 4444 would not allow for a direct connection of the automotive accessories but I see they do have adapters.

You can't go wrong with a PicoScope, but, if you were thinking of an upgrade, I would still recommend the 4425 for automotive use.

The raw specs for the 4444 and 4425 are similar as far as vertical resolution, ADC speed and memory depth.

Tom Roberts
Forums Administrator

IP Logged