Autonerdz Home Autonerdz FAQ User’s Comments Autonerdz Events Autonerdz Store Contact Autonerdz

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Autonerdz - Since 2000, North America's Authority on PicoScope

HomeHelpSearch Member Map Event CalendarRegisterLogin  

Hello, Transit Bus Technician (Read 2,715 times)
Rafaelito
Freshman Member

I'm an Autonerd

Hello, Transit Bus Technician
Nov 14th, 2017 at 6:14am

Transit Tech in the Pacific Northwest. Hows it going everyone. Excited to be part of this Autonerdz family. Currently working in transit industry, working on Buses. I haven't purchased my pico yet but I am sure i will. Just looking to see who has actually used there pico in transit bus. BusJockey? What pico kit do you recommend for transit bus?

IP Logged

busjockey
LSD Guide

The Diesel Nerd

Champaign, Illinois, USA
Champaign
Illinois
USA

Re: Hello, Transit Bus Technician
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 8:36am

Rafaelito wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 6:14am:
What pico kit do you recommend for transit bus?

A good all around kit to start you out on would be the standard Auto Kit.  I would get the 4 channel model, trust me you will need all 4 channels and later you might want more, Wink.  I use two 4 channel Picos together.  But a 4 channel standard Auto Kit is a good way to start.  You get more stuff in this kit than the Diesel Kit.  Also if you can afford to I would also recommend getting a Wps 500 Master Kit.  I have one and use it quite frequently.  I use it to detect low side fuel pressure problems on Cummins ISL, ISC, Caps, Common Rail.  It is also very handy for finding intermittent misfires in the exhaust.  Plus you can use it for Engine Integrity breathing tests.  Another application you can use it for is tapping into Kneeling blocks and looking at the pressure going through the block and also using it to check the hold valve integrity.  Plus you can put a amp clamp on the coils to see if the valves are mechanically opening.  Anyway, let me know if you have anymore questions and if you would like to talk to me on the phone just pm me and I will call. Smiley  Which Transit Authority do you work for?  I know Jim Davis from Pierce County Transit and I also know Mark Dalton from King County Transit.  Once you get in the group you will not be disappointed, trust me. Smiley
Been a Picogroup member since 2013 and the support here for the scope and the additional training you get is phenomenal.  Plus there are some other Transit guys on here.  Jim Davis is one and there are a few more, can't remember their names though.  Plus there are some real good HD guys on here that work on Semis, Boats, Heavy Equipment.  So in other words you are going to get help in the journey of learning this equipment.  This is a good group of guys on here, very professional and we don't put up with any nonsense in this group, everyone takes their job seriously on here.  Any more questions let me know. Smiley
One more thing, if you work on a lot of Hydraulics you might want to look into getting the WPS 600.  The Nerd group can order it for you.  I don't have one yet but it's on my wishlist.  Got to play with one at the Community College I instruct for.  Had it hooked up to a bulldozer looking at the blade pressures, very cool! Smiley

Busjockey

IP Logged

bravo92
Freshman Member
Picogroup

I'm an Autonerd

bakersfield, California, USA
bakersfield
California
USA

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 9:17pm

really recommend buying the pico thru autonerdz the support is great.  a 4 channel woul do .like bus jockey said you will which you had more . buy the kit with the amp probes high and low . also the wps is a must  then later a first look sensor

IP Logged

Jim Davis
Picogroup

Olympia, Washington, USA
Olympia
Washington
USA

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 12:46am

Welcome Rafaelito,

I'm fixing buses in the Pacific North West too.

What city are you working in? I'm in Tacoma.

What types of coaches and fuels? Hybrids? Diesel? CNG? Electric?

IP Logged